Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Snooker Coverage on Satellite/Internet

Options
  • 27-04-2005 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    BBC Snooker coverage was available on the Internet last year.I used it several times. It is supposed to be available this year but it now says for UK users only. I tried to access it unsuccessfully.The issue here is that is it only a matter of time before our Satellite Receivers will be trackable as well. i.e. when we are watching ITV etc with our Uk cards, will we get a message saying this service is only available in the UK.If that happens we may :D all have to sing the same "CHORUS" again. God forbid! Anyone any technical knowledge on what the future holds!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Its easier, with IP addresses, to restrict the access needed to the BBC website. But for satellite, as the feeds are available without the need for the "red button" on common or garden FTA boxes, then there is little or no chance of that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

I tried to access it unsuccessfully

Well I have had no problems getting the live snooker on the bbc web site.

Maybe you should get UTV Broadband. Because they are based in the north my ip must be registering as a british one. One up for UTV :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I was able to view it last year too with ntl BB (as this also uses a UK IP addy), but this year I can't. :(

I'm still able to view/listen to everything else on the site though. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Besprechen

try listening to BBC5 live frmo the bbc website, this has notices taht it's only accessible to UK listeners so will give you an indication of what kind of ip address youve got

Advertisement