Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOT Audio books ,.

Options
  • 24-06-2014 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone listened to the GOt Audio books ?
    Id love to read the books but reckon i might find it hard having watched the tv show ,so was wondering has anyone listned tothe Audio books and if there any good

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

They are excellent.

Roy Dotrice is the narrator and holds a world record for most unique character voices for his work on this. I think there are other versions but there's only one man for the job.

Roy was also cast as Grand Maester pycelle but had to turn the role down due to medical reasons. Instead he played the role of the Pyromaester who supplied Tyrion with the Wildfire for the battle for Blackwater Bay.

I'm currently travellin and usually head to bed listening to it, or in transit or on the beach. I've picked up alot of details I missed first time round as I was rushing.

Also spent a few hours merging Feast And Dance into the Boiled leather recommended combination read with both books in parallel and it's like a new experience and some excellent overlapping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I love audiobooks. I can't stand the GoT audio books. Dotrice does my head in. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

I love audiobooks. I can't stand the GoT audio books. Dotrice does my head in. :confused:

+1 to this. With the varying pronunciations of character names that he seems to make up on the spot (Cat-lynn or Kate-lynn come to mind!). The voices put me off too.

Suppose it's just preference. You can get it free if you try audible (amazon's audiobook company).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I love them! Dotrice does take time to get used to but he's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Zombie thread bump.

Roy Dotrice died a few days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That's a shame.
    May he Rest in Peace.
    Currently using the audios to convert myself from a non book reader to a book reader. Took me a couple of goes to recognise Littlefinger as he pronounces the first name something like "P'tyre" rather than the "Peter" I'm used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

flazio wrote: »
    That's a shame.
    May he Rest in Peace.
    Currently using the audios to convert myself from a non book reader to a book reader. Took me a couple of goes to recognise Littlefinger as he pronounces the first name something like "P'tyre" rather than the "Peter" I'm used to.

I'm the same - half way through book 3.

The way he says "Tragaryen", "p'tyre", "Vaylar morghullis", "Jayken H'gar", and the voice used for Missandei also wreck my head amongst other things, but as another poster also pointed out, it's still great to pick up on a lot more information than was available in the tv show.

Edit - "Bry-ene" too.

Advertisement