Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i asked a question about visas and it gets locked,why?

Options
  • 23-04-2009 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

i asked a question about visas into this country why was this thread locked?if a person is vetted fully let them in thats no problem if not dont let them in.im 50/50 on this at the moment but people should be allowed debate the thread i started all view points welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Is that Perma I smell? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I'd say you would be better off debating it in the pub with a few friends. The topic is inviting racist remarks & chances are it will definately get off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

well i didnt use any racist remarks.if someone uses racist slang id cut them off aswellif someone wants to debate you have to play balance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

why was this thread locked?if a person is vetted fully let them in thats no problem if not dont let them in.im 50/50 on this at the moment but people should be allowed debate the thread i started all view points welcomed

It's a bit of a sore point with the "mods".
    Between you and me........keep this to yourself. But most of them are not fully vetted.In fact I hear none of them have had their shots at all.And one of them is not even neutered.........not sure which one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

think thats bad i was looking forward to seeing a poll on the moon landings and it was locked

mabey you should try the racisim forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

well i didnt use any racist remarks.if someone uses racist slang id cut them off aswellif someone wants to debate you have to play balance

True, but some people won't be able to stop themselves making racist remarks & then you will have the do gooders that will ask you why you mention someones nationality/ race so it will end up going around in circles with very few intelligent answers.
    Anyway as regards visas I would only presume that people applying for the jobs have a right to be here & apply for the jobs. If not it's up to the employer to make sure only suitable candidates are taken into consideration.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement