Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What can be wrong with people like this

• 22-04-2009 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Watched How clean Is Your House...but got me wondering what could be wrong with people who live like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCpzP7nxsxs

Are they just lazy? Are they stupid to the point that they dont understand the health impacts of living like they do?

But whats worse is the 2 women who actually go rooting around his flat...eeeeeyuck!!:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

depression probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I would think that being willing to live in, and to perpertuate living conditions like those is indicative of an underlying mental condition.

Its just not normal, is it?

As for the presenters, its their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I think you would have to have some sort of mental deficiency to live like that .But Human behaviour like this doesn't surprise or shock me as much anymore .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

A little bit of dirt is good for the immune system.

Too hygenic an environment when you're a baby leads to allergies later on, or so I've been told, because the immune system never learns to deal with the low level background stuff.

that, and I don't like live in a dettol stank cleanroom.

---- A lot of dirt on the otherhand..... that's a different matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Those two cleaners are annoying. Squeaky voice one and closet lesbian one. I know how you feel OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That show reminds me of The Wind in the Willows for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

That reminds me best go tidy the kitchen. Thanks OP;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭memo_to_all

He obviousley has no-shame..going on National TV like that.

Gives me the shivers watching nackers like that.

...bet the blonde one was bit of a minx in her day though!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

...bet the blonde one was bit of a minx in her day though!!;)

The woman's in her prime! I bet she'd do things to you that The Sun wouldn't even print

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

That is a mess and a half!

No one could possible live in those conditions.

WTF....gas thing she must have used the ironed a fair bit...it was the only clean(ish) thing there.

Im tempted to ask what all the stuff is on the floor of the bathroom...but Ill probably just carry on in ignorance.

Mess and a half ?

That's a disaster .A place were a serial killer might live :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

"Squalor Syndrome " a recognised medical /mental condition particularly in elderly.Sometimes accelerated by depression due to death of spouse etc .Very sad , perhaps incurable .No joke if its your Ma or Da and very common particularly in Ireland .No point in a big clean up as in the tv show -it will be back to SNAFU in a few months ...

Latchy wrote: »
    Mess and a half ?

That's a disaster .A place were a serial killer might live :p

I suppose it is one way of keeping the bodies undercover as such :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What I want to know, is how he can earn a living from walking dogs?

What I want to know, is how he can earn a living from walking dogs?
    ...by getting paid by people who are lazier than he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Leonid

He obviousley has no-shame..going on National TV like that.

Gives me the shivers watching nackers like that.

He seemed alright. No apparent sociopathic tendencies. Yet to live in that for 10 years, you'd have to have something amiss. Perhaps he suffered some trauma, as a child, related to cleaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭baglady

Holy crap! halfway through looking through these I realised my jaw had literally dropped open. That never happens. Those pictures are unbelievable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Looks cosy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Did you see them laughing at the cooker is the first part? They're like a pair of witches cackling :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

It probably stems from Mummy doing everything for him growing up bar wiping his arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

ytareh wrote: »
    "Squalor Syndrome " a recognised medical /mental condition particularly in elderly.Sometimes accelerated by depression due to death of spouse etc .Very sad , perhaps incurable .No joke if its your Ma or Da and very common particularly in Ireland .No point in a big clean up as in the tv show -it will be back to SNAFU in a few months ...

yes, it could be squalor syndrome, also known as Diogenes syndrome.

could be depression or maybe even a chronic psychotic disorder.

or could be someone with low IQ

Leonid wrote: »
    He seemed alright. No apparent sociopathic tendencies. Yet to live in that for 10 years, you'd have to have something amiss. Perhaps he suffered some trauma, as a child, related to cleaning.

living in such conditions would not be common in those with sociopathic tendencies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Leonid wrote: »

What kind of trauma??? Getting a beating with a cloth & a bottle of bleach???
    If that was the case most people wouldn't sweep a floor because of all the times a sweeping brush was cracked across their arse.
    Sorry but there's no excuse for living in that kind of filth.

Saibh wrote: »
    I suppose it is one way of keeping the bodies undercover as such :D
    But he wouldnt have being lonely .The rats would have kept him company :eek:

Latchy wrote: »
    But he wouldnt have being lonely .The rats would have kept him company :eek:

Can you imagine what it would be like if rats did decide to move into the house - no need to make any nests for starters.

Can you imagine what it would be like if rats did decide to move into the house - no need to make any nests for starters.

sadly, in my job, (psychiatrist) i've seen many houses that are mice and rat-infested, and worse.

the living conditions of some unfortunate people are awful.

• Advertisement

Would imagine they not only would have had nests but probably rented out some more to thier friends ie, the cockroaches ,spiders and worms .....oooh perish the thought .

But as has being said , I cant see how anybody would want to intentionaly live like that .

Circumstances in their lives must make them somehow lose control of their surroundings .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

The guy in the video seemed really nice, 'normal'...seeing him in the street, you'd never think he'd be the kind to live in squalor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

:eek: Now, I'm no neat freak but bloody hell!
    There's 70 million pizza boxes. How do they operate their computer? :confused:
    I'm having monica-from-friends type feelings just looking at the shower.
    UNCLEAN!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭CeilingCat

Jebus...
    I used to threaten my son with those two when he wouldn't clean his room, but his room looks OCD-clean next to your mans flat :eek:
    LOL @ them cackling like witches :P

Advertisement