Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers the Movie (1986)

Options
  • 28-06-2014 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey folks, the Screen Cinema ( the small cinema next to Trinity College ) is showing Transformers the Movie this Wednesday @ 8:30pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

AwesomeO wrote: »
    Hey folks, the Screen Cinema ( the small cinema next to Trinity College ) is showing Transformers the Movie this Wednesday @ 8:30pm.
    Any particular reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AwesomeO

No Pants wrote: »
    Any particular reason?

Not really. It's a good movie, I'm a big fan of hand drawn animation. Hopefully if this goes well we can show a lot more. I'm trying to convince my overlords that a studio gibli season would do well. But I have to start small.

IMC cinemas are also showing it, I assume it's to do with the fact that the new live action film is released on Friday and IMC have really been pushing screenings of older films lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 padimus2

I'll be heading to transformers on Wednesday. A studio gibli season is a great idea!

IMC cinemas are also showing it, I assume it's to do with the fact that the new live action film is released on Friday and IMC have really been pushing screenings of older films lately.

The Screen cinema is part of the IMC group. But we are the only cinema showing Transformers the Movie.

• Advertisement

The Screen cinema is part of the IMC group. But we are the only cinema showing Transformers the Movie.

I was told that there were plans to show it at additional IMC cinemas if the Dublin screening went down well.

I'm going with at least two others. For €5 a ticket, **** yeah!

"Oh ****, what're we gonna do now?" - I take it that won't be edited out? :pac:

No Pants wrote: »
    I'm going with at least two others. For €5 a ticket, **** yeah!

"Oh ****, what're we gonna do now?" - I take it that won't be edited out? :pac:

It's all there lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Hopefully if this goes well we can show a lot more. I'm trying to convince my overlords that a studio gibli season would do well. But I have to start small.

Stupid not to. The special screenings were always what everyone loved about Screen.

Had a great time last night. Half the fun was the audience and the stuff that got laughs. It all started when someone shouted, "**** you Michael Bay" at the Marvel Productions credit at the beginning.

Let's have some more. Robocop was mentioned for the 16th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

It's actually the funniest film I've seen this year. MAORR!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Aw....raging I missed this. YOU GOT THE TOUCH!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭LeonardNelson

Bumblebee is my favorite character

Advertisement