Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Share

Options
  • 04-02-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are currently looking for a move and I am wondering if there are any people around up for a possible house-share.

We have been looking around but if you want a nice house that's easy to maintain then the rent starts getting expensive.

We're both working and non-smokers, both in our twenties and we have a small, very quiet dog.

Also, as an aside, what are peoples opinions to house-sharing? Anything I should watch out for or avoid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

TBH I doubt you are going to find many decent places that accept both couples and a dog.

There are some cheap 1 beds around, they might be more suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RiRa_Kelly

For some reason this came up in the Australia section. NVM

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry Will, adverts looking for people to share house or similar with isn't allowed on Galway forum so I'm bumping you over to accommodation section.

Have you looked on/signed up on www.daft.ie/sharing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Private Joker

RiRa_Kelly wrote: »
    For some reason this came up in the Australia section. NVM

Bit of a commute if you're working in galway

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Wil Tierney

Bit of a commute if you're working in galway

Thats a fair commute alrite. Dont know why it came up in the oz fourm.

• Advertisement

TBH I doubt you are going to find many decent places that accept both couples and a dog.

There are some cheap 1 beds around, they might be more suitable.

Maybe so. I was more hoping to find someone in a similiar situation and get a house rather than more in with people, but at the same time i wouldnt write that idea off if we could find something suitable

I should have probably mentioned too that we'd be looking east side of the city. Probably somewhere in the Ballybrit/Ballybane/Renmore area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Did you try EasyRoommates? There just might happen to be somebody on there with an Ad. themselves that may be okay with living with a couple and their pet.

I have seen a few Ads. on Daft in the last couple of weeks in and around Galway which were accepting Couples, - not sure about the Rents, but keep looking. Hope you find something suitable. :)

I've noticed it being suggested in situations like this elsewhere around Boards, probably would be different in a House-share than in a 1/2-Bed, but if in direct contact with Landlord / Owner, maybe you should ask them anyway even if Ad. states otherwise, and they may be obliging and accept a fee or something should the dog cause damage.

Well my plan would be just to meet up with some other people looking to get a house too and then contact the landlord (either myself or as a group) when we found somewhere everyone agrees on.

As for the dog she does touch anything and if there was damage from the dog i would pay for the damage ir repair it myself no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sarahsamba

Hey will ,

I'd happily take a room in your house! im 21 and i'll be on placement working from April until Septemeber. If your still looking

Regards,
    Sarah

• Advertisement

sarahsamba wrote: »
    Hey will ,

I'd happily take a room in your house! im 21 and i'll be on placement working from April until Septemeber. If your still looking

Regards,
    Sarah

PM sent Sarah

Advertisement