Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just watched that video for the Londis jobs.. a visa question?

Options
  • 23-04-2009 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

just watched that video...so for example all the africans,aisans,etc in this country what visa are they coming in on?if i go to the USA or New Zealand the best i could hope for would be a j1 or working holiday visa.Limerick is flooded with african taxi drivers most of poor english,how are they getting the permits to be taxi's.is there anywhere you can get stats on how many people were given full legal status for this country?

And before anyone says all the irish abroad i do not support them doing it illegally

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Is it that time already? Time for a coffee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Did you post a thread about this yesterday? Twice? Each time it got closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

how are they getting the permits to be taxi's.

They're not. The cars themselves function as the taxis. The Africans are the drivers.

No need to thank me. I'm here to help. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Limerick is flooded with african taxi drivers most of poor english,

As opposed to the Limerick taxi drivers who possess a remarkable profiency in Queens English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

just watched that video...so for example all the africans,aisans,etc in this country what visa are they coming in on?if i go to the USA or New Zealand the best i could hope for would be a j1 or working holiday visa.Limerick is flooded with african taxi drivers most of poor english,how are they getting the permits to be taxi's.is there anywhere you can get stats on how many people were given full legal status for this country?

And before anyone says all the irish abroad i do not support them doing it illegally
    Did you just come in from the pub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

what visa are they coming in on

Visas:
    1. They are Irish (Born or Naturalised)
    2. Married to an Irish Citizen
    3. Attained Refugee status
    4. Attained Permanent Residence Status
    5. On a Work Permit
    6. On a green card
    7. Students looking for part time jobs
    8. EU Nationals
    Those are some of the options. There are more.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Go for it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Noopti wrote: »
    As opposed to the Limerick taxi drivers who possess a remarkable profiency in Queens English?

I am more concerned with them knowing how to get me to where I want to go. I could not give a stuff if they are from Ireland, Africa or anywhere else, as long as they are able to do the job, and have a working knowledge of the areas they work in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

To be fair, a concern over the amount of people let into the country when it's crippled economically is a legitimate one... but consider each "foreigner" in question (quote-marks because not all of those who appear to be foreign are actually foreign) instead of making blanket assumptions. That's just ignorant.
    And I doubt the government is as lenient on immigration as it would seem. Remember, people from outside were needed for the saturation of jobs we had only two years ago...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

if i go to the USA or New Zealand the best i could hope for would be a j1 or working holiday visa.

iirc you can get a working visa if you are a student in those countries. A lad in work studied in Australia and worked for Telstar while he was there. He is not Australian.

Working holiday visa are totally different.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Kess73 wrote: »
    I am more concerned with them knowing how to get me to where I want to go. I could not give a stuff if they are from Ireland, Africa or anywhere else, as long as they are able to do the job, and have a working knowledge of the areas they work in.
    Aye, I hate having to tell taxi drivers how to get somewhere (unless its out of the way).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Is your issue with taxi drivers in Limerick having poor english or is your issue with "tey tok ur gawbs!!!"?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This guy keeps making these stupid ass threads. Is there any end to it OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

If he keeps it up maybe Terry in immigration will take away his permit to reside here :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

If it's a stupid ass thread then why do you post on it? :p

There's so many threads that have similar topics that I think everyone is sick & tired of it. In fairness no matter how argumentative a person is they can't summon up the energy to entertain every thread that's a bit controversial.

Advertisement