Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

We landed on the Moon - YA RIGHT

Options
  • 23-04-2009 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Seriously there is no way we ever landed on the Moon - think about it, it was back in the 60's when we supposedly landed on the Moon and yet despite all the technological advances over the past 40 years we have never returned?? Why?? Because we never landed there in the first place and still dont know how. I see Russia are planning on their first landing around 2025.

All these photos of people bouncing up and down on the Moon are laughable and what is more laughable are the people that actually believe it.

Do you think we landed on the Moon? 11 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Take it the conspiracy theories forum buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

No real reason to go back, other than to establish a permanent moonbase, which is still a good way off.The moon is not that interesting, being just a dead rock. Space stations etc. offer far more insights and require a lot more resources.

The most telling thing is that those men who "landed" on the moon are all social recluses now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

this is about as pointless as religion in debating

the question is a valid ah poll imho as i for one would like to see the response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Not sure if "we" landed on the moon but clearly you never left it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I wonder how many of those who answer no actually have any scientific credentials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

prinz wrote: »
    No real reason to go back, other than to establish a permanent moonbase, which is still a good way off.The moon is not that interesting, being just a dead rock. Space stations etc. offer far more insights and require a lot more resources.

Are you kidding me? There are currently dozens of private companies scrambling to get back up there. Check out the Google X Prize for examples.

The reason they are in such a hurry is that the moon is abundant with Helium 3. H3 is worth over 100 times more than the same weight of gold, costs about $1.5m a kilo and there are over 5m metric tons of it just lying beneath the surface fo the moon. That's potentially trillions in profits for the first company that can manage to mine it and bring it home.

The UK reckons they can power the whole country for a year with only 6 tons of H3, China reckons 3 shuttle loads will see them good for a year.
    Basically the solution to the energy crisis does not lie in all this fuddy duddy about wave and wind power, nuclear fusion is the only game in town and H3 is the driver of that.

Check out an excellent documentary called 'Moon for Sale' by BBC's Horizon. Some it it might be still on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I remember being on the moon at the time making tea and sandwiches and the bastards never showed up. Feck em!

Spear wrote: »
    I wonder how many of those who answer no actually have any scientific credentials.

I can't imagine everyone who answered "yes" is a rocket scientist either.......

Do you believe it because you saw it on TV?! Do you believe that Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck ACTUALLY went into space to film "Armageddon"?

Nice try though, you have no better argument other than to question his intelligence and that of those who said no. It's a perfectly reasonable and feasable scenario. Just because "TV said so" doesn't always make it fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement