Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Anyone know much about Rhett Ellison. Hybrid FB/TE by accounts

Eagles sign Jeffrey and Torey Smith

will be big challenge for our DBs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Eagles sign Jeffrey and Torey Smith

will be big challenge for our DBs

They will but we have a rather outstanding set of DB's. Jenkins is as good as there is, Apple looks to be on his way to joining him & DRC still plays at a high level.

Yup thats true

We usually struggle against the Eagles as it is not to mind when they upgrade their WRs

Then again our WRs will worry them too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Safe to say Hankins is gone???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Maybe. The lack of noise could mean that Hankins isn't getting the offers that people might have expected him to get which could mean that a new deal is in reach with the Giants.

I'm an optimist :)

DJ Fluker and Geno Smith (!) rumoured to be visiting giants today

wawaman wrote: »
    DJ Fluker and Geno Smith (!) rumoured to be visiting giants today

Happy enough to land both, Geno would be a very decent back up to have around.

Fluker signs on a one year deal

• Advertisement

JPP signing on a 4 year deal. Geno Smith also signing. Delighted to be keeping JPP but can't help wondering that 80m on JPP and Vernon will hamper us next year with OBJ's contract and others up for renewal

JPP signing on a 4 year deal. Geno Smith also signing. Delighted to be keeping JPP but can't help wondering that 80m on JPP and Vernon will hamper us next year with OBJ's contract and others up for renewal

Big gamble from Jerry Reach

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭letowski

I read somewhere ye have 135mil dedicated to yere defensive line alone. Incredible amount of money.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

That's a massive deal on the guaranteed money

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

On one hand, I'm delighted to have resigned JPP, and theres talk of Hankings being resigned as a result, but the worry then is far too much money invested on the DL, and some major contracts coming up with OBJ, Pugh, Richburg, and Kennard.

I hope Giants haven't crippled themselves with the past two offseasons.

That's Reese's job. We're two years away from having to worry about Beckham and Collins (and even then the tag can be used on one of them), although the two offensive linemen concern me a little bit looking around at the money that those guys can get in free agency.

The JPP numbers look huge but half of the guaranteed money is the signing bonus (split for cap perspective over four years). I believe I'm right in saying that JPP can be cut after two seasons for a saving of €10m. We'll be in the same position with all of last years big signings. It is really just next off-season that I'm concerned about (although I read something saying that we're projected to have $55m in cap pace next year?)

It looks like the JPP deal is back loaded so we now have nearly $13 million cap space this year, plenty to bring back Hankins on a Poe/Logan deal & have a little to play with after signing the rookie deals.

I know I'm harping on about this a bit but Eli does look to be coming to the end of the line, assuming you replace him with a rookie you have huge cap space all of a sudden.

The Geno signing has been confirmed, no financial details as yet. That gives us Geno, & Josh Johnson to back up Eli. You'd have to be fairly certain Geno will do enough to earn the gig. No point drafting a rookie QB now, maybe if Chad Kelly completly sunk you'd take him in the 7th, otherwise you'd imagine a couple of UDFA's.

We also signed a CB by the name of Valentino Blake. Never seen him play but he was with the Titans last year so maybe Heli will shed some light.

Mark Herslich is back for his 7th season, given up any hope of him every doing anything at LB but he is great on ST so nice to gave him back.

• Advertisement

Robinson has re-signed. Glad about that, he was good last year.

Edit- may have jumped the gun there but it's reported he has agreed terms.

Vereen & Harris have taken paycuts. The Giants definitely seem to be clearing some room for more than just Hankins.

A one-year deal for Hankins at $7m or so seems like the best deal all-round.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Vereen & Harris have taken paycuts. The Giants definitely seem to be clearing some room for more than just Hankins.

A one-year deal for Hankins at $7m or so seems like the best deal all-round.

Word is that we are getting a bit fed up with Hankins, we apparently have offered him a deal but he is shopping around for better. I'm still astounded that he is on the market, easily a top 10 DT.

I wonder what sort of deal he is chasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Word is that we are getting a bit fed up with Hankins, we apparently have offered him a deal but he is shopping around for better. I'm still astounded that he is on the market, easily a top 10 DT.

I wonder what sort of deal he is chasing.

I'm presuming he's looking for $10m a year, given the contracts that are out there. Hard to see why someone hasn't come in with an offer of $40m over 4 years with 25 guaranteed, he is a really good player.

Geno Smiths deal is 1 year $1.2 million, thats a very smart bit of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Geno Smiths deal is 1 year $1.2 million, thats a very smart bit of business.

considering the going rate for veteran qb's this is a great deal for the Giants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Kitsunegari

Looks like the Giants have offered Hankins a multi year deal that meets his current market

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Looks like the Giants have offered Hankins a multi year deal that meets his current market

If Hankins signs for 8m a year or so, I'll be delighted. I really rate him.

Apparently its been on the table since the start of free agency

• Advertisement

And "meets his current market" is only because he hasn't had the offers he assumed he would.

Advertisement