Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to know name of this!!!!!

Options
  • 17-06-2003 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Okay there was this game on the sega mega drive i think....
    And it had this mouse/rat thing and he had blue armour type stuff and had a rocket pack
    what the hell game was this i really need to know before i die from siphilus!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's Rocket Knight Adventures. And I wouldn't worry about syphalis - it's the Monkeypox that you have to watch out for.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah, the excellent Rocket Knight Adventures. Was I the only person in Ireland that bought this great game. Definitely my favourite game on the MD after Gunstar Heroes and The Shining Force series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

wonder if konami will ever do an update!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well they made Sparkster for the MD and SNES. the MD version was fairly rubbish but the SNES game was very good. Both are completely different games. However both didn't have the cinematic feel to them that Rocket Knight had.
    The best thing about Rocket Knight was that ever section played completely differently. And then there was the 5th level boss. Unforgetable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Hmm... I once rented Rocket Knight ...

It's actually really annoying me, I'm looking for all my old MD games and THEY'RE GONE! <makes puff noise>

• Advertisement

A few of my fav old MD games were stolen on me including my favourite Gunstar Heroes. Praise the lord for emulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

I was just thinking of that game a while ago. I was going to ask but I couldn't even remember he wore blue armour...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Ah, the excellent Rocket Knight Adventures. Was I the only person in Ireland that bought this great game. Definitely my favourite game on the MD after Gunstar Heroes and The Shining Force series.
    Someone else who loved Shining Force? omg, i thought I was alone! :eek:

How many of them can you get on emu anyways? Ive only got the first of them to work, the 2nd one works but without the hp/mp stats, just shows a bar, so it was more or less unplayable. If you could throw up a link for the 2nd one it would be well appreciated :)

Just a warning if ask for roms you're asking to get banned. It's probably your emulator that is the problem. I use Gens and have no problems with it. You can get Shining Force CD for it as well but the iso is quite hard to find on the net. The game is basically 2 game gear shining force games together so you might be better off searching for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Just a warning if ask for roms you're asking to get banned.

Actually for the most part I consider old ROMs to be Abandonware in contexts like this. The exceptions are stuff like N64 roms, because carts for that are still being made.

• Advertisement

I agree with you Shinji. It's kinda silly that you can't talk about were to get really old games on the emulators board. I wasn't to interestd in the emulation scene last year cos of college but now all my favourite sites have been closed down except for the pure news ones.

So are you saying that we can now post loads of links to abandonware and roms sites :D

(feel free to delete that if you think loads of muppets will take the last remark too seriously)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Myself and Kairo made our reasons clear in a few posts about our wishes not to have people requesting roms and linking to rom sites etc as the place had practicly turned into a warez monkey forum. There has never been a problem in linking to most abandonware sites. If ya want rom sites ya can find most decent ones in a few minutes with google.

I know already. I can live with that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

bah, don't bother with rocket night adventures, get this instead, it's got a cameo from the star of rocket night
    domo1.jpg
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99586

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭neohoki

that's how i first remembered rocket knight 2 (or sparkster)
    after seeing his short cameo in that game

Advertisement