Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very low pressure in kitchen cold tap

Options
  • 27-06-2012 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Over the last few weeks the pressure in the cold tap in the kitchen has all but disappeared. Some days it's a trickle and some days there's nothing.
    All other taps are fine.
    I've tried following the cold water pipe as far as I can and there's no sign of any blockage on it, but there's only so far I can follow it.
    Apart from that I'm not really sure what else to check though.
    Could it be the tap? It's one of these:
    http://www-2.plumbworld.co.uk/profile-deck-kitchen-sink-mixer-tap-00011918M.jpg
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

the first thing to do is establish if its a tap problem, or a incoming mains problem.

The way to do this is to check The outside tap if you have one is usually off the mains or check the ballcock in the attic tank and check that its refilling and its working at a decent pressure. If the outside tap and attic ballcock are working correctly then its a kitchen tap probem more than likely.

If none of them have great pressure and arent working correctly theres a problem with the incoming mains which is a different thing to deal with altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

If this has been happening for the past few weeks you would have ran out of water on the hot and cold to bathrooms as the tank would not be able to refill due to lack of pressure , i would replace the spindle in the tap , when you have the old spindle out make sure the washer is also taken out as ive seen the spout on these taps blocked where someone failed to remove the whole lot of the washer and it made its way into the spout , it can be a pain to try and get out if this does happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Thanks for the replies guys. I live in an apartment so there is no outside tap or attic I can check. Seeing if it's a mains problem might be tricky. If it was would it only impact the cold kitchen tap? The bathroom taps are all fine, as are dishwasher and washing machine.

Now that I think of it it's actually been like this since early May.

I'll look at the tap spindle.

Advertisement