Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip to Blanchardstown (ballycoolin) by public transport, anyone do it?

Options
  • 16-05-2006 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

I am looking to move to lexlip near confey station and I work near ballycoolin

How long would the train take from confey to castleknock station?
    What is it like in the mornings (7am)? As i heard it can be packed a that stop and that they will not let people on if it s too packed

Does anyone do this journey every day? how bad is it?

any info is greatly appriciated and transprt alternatives (if their are any) from lexlip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

It shouldn't be but it's another example of an awkward journey by PT. The train won't be so packed at Confey that you won't get on. Getting from the train station to Ballycoolin will be the tricky part. Wuld you consider leaving a cheap bicycle locked up in Coolmine Station and then pedal to Ballycoolin? It's be a lot more reliable than waiting on any bus at Castleknock. You can cycle prettymuch directly towards Ballycoolin from Coolmine through the park on Clonsilla Rd.

It might not suit of course but if you're closer to the Blanch centre than Ballycoolin Ind Est then you might even just walk from Coolmine. Might take 30mins or so? Very predicable journey time and presuming you are able bodies etc. will keep you fit.

The train only takes a few minutes from Confey to Coolmine. Maybe 10. Check the online timetable at www.irishrail.ie for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

well problem is i am on a crutch at the moment (broken femur)
    so it would be train to castleknock then 38 bus to ballycoolin

but when leg is healed id say i will walk from castleknock

a bike sounds good too tbh, would be really quick

Ouch, best of luck with the commute. You're gonna have to hobble over to the bus stop near the Bell so it's not like you step off the train at Castleknock and onto a bus I'm afraid.

When metroWest arrives you'll be able to make one change to Ballycoolin :D

murphaph wrote:
    Ouch, best of luck with the commute. You're gonna have to hobble over to the bus stop near the Bell so it's not like you step off the train at Castleknock and onto a bus I'm afraid.

When metroWest arrives you'll be able to make one change to Ballycoolin :D

but the 38 bus stops right outside the train station, i get the 38 everyday ;)

Ah very good. My mistake, could have sworn the last 38 I was on went straight down the Navan road and not through Castlenock, it's been a while though!

• Advertisement

murphaph wrote:
    Ah very good. My mistake, could have sworn the last 38 I was on went straight down the Navan road and not through Castlenock, it's been a while though!

ah yeh you were probably on a 38a , that goes striaght down the navan road ;)

Advertisement