Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Molyneaux and Minter to create new Gamecube game!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Good gravy, it looks like an LSD trip.

He's incorporating light-synths and a shooter? Ehhh....

Isn't this Jean-Michel Jarre territory? What if one waits for Ikaruga and watches it down a kaliedoscope?

Still, it sounds really interesting. Very innovative. Totally off-the-wall, but innovative nonetheless.

Epitaph
    And all I've done is enter my name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

looks tasteh, the gc is looking more tempting every day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Actuall the Yak has been doing stuff like that for years. look at tempest 2000 or some of his "light synthesizers" on the atari st or amiga from the early 90's.

Rez on LSD would be a good description.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I hope this game doesn't get as over hyped as Black & White was. Still tho the concept looks pretty interesting and I think it will give GC a game that will appeal more to the "few games after the pub with the mates" crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

whats the idea behind the game apart from alot of colors ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It sounds like an old-skool shooter, only done 3D and with clever use of sound and visuals. Like Rez, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Ah good old Minter. Least there's no lawn mowers, sheep, llamas or camels in this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Ah good old Minter. Least there's no lawn mowers, sheep, llamas or camels in this game

... Yet ;)

He hasn't added the gameplay yet, he only has the special effects engine (VLM) in place so far. It looks absolutely amazing though - loads of people have been saying for years that Minter ought to do some work on a modern console rather than messing around with PDAs and the Nuon.

For those of us who found Tempest and GridRunner better than an acid trip, this is a dream come true :)

Oh, and Molyneux isn't working on it. Jesus. He's co-developing with Lionhead, but HE is writing it; please don't start this stupid Bullfrog thing of associating every game they release with Peter Molyneux, it's stupid, it's untrue, it's unfair to the real developers and it's caused rather a lot of bad feeling in the development community already.

Advertisement