Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford S-Max Car radio upgrade advice

Options
  • 13-03-2015 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a 2010 Ford S-Max with the original 6000 CD unit. The CD doesn't play anymore. I'm looking to upgrade to a touchscreen model and would like your input.

I have BT and Voice control which I don't mind losing as a feature but would like to retain the dashboard and steering wheel controls.

Do you guys have any advice ? Compatible models ? Pioneer, Alpine, Clarion, Eonon, etc..

It's really hard to find a compatible model that communicates with the dashboard.

Thanks for the help
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

think there's a Sony branded upgraded headunit on high spec models, not touchscreen but some have an in dash cd changer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

In the process of upgrading to the sony 6cd myself, from a 6000cd. it's not touch screen though. There are aftermarket touch screen ones available on ebay, you lose the voice control/steering controls though.

The likes of this fellow
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/360979481551?nav=SEARCH

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

Spent so much time researching on the internet and in the forums. The Eonon was a preferred choice in the start along with another model from Erisin but I made my choice and will use a Pioneer headunit. I dropped to Safesounds and was advised by Michael, so I think I'll go with them. I'll let you know about my choice if interested.

Advertisement