Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options after Android upgrade S3

Options
  • 01-07-2013 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭

hey all -

Recently I upgraded my S3 to 4.2.2 using the details on this page:

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/05/20/exclusive-i9300xxufme3-android-4-2-2-jelly-bean-leaked-firmware-for-the-galaxy-s-iii/

All went well, phone is running fine (maybe a little slow, but i can live with it), but I'm just wondering now where I stand in terms of the "official" samsung updates. I'm presuming that the phone won't upgrade when the S3 4.2.2 update is officially released - will I ever get automatically updated to the correct firmware (vodafone IE) again, or will I always have to manually update the phone? If manual, is there anything I can do without losing data to restore it back to official software?

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Forget the vodafone FW, they takes years to catch up and skip most updates.

You'll now be on a generic from the middle east(if thats what you flashed). That means when that gets an update, you get it. No bloatware!

Probably wont be many more GS3 updates anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ED E wrote: »

You'll now be on a generic from the middle east(if thats what you flashed). That means when that gets an update, you get it. No bloatware!.

yeah, think it's an israeli one. I did get a couple of apps included, the icon text looks like yiddish, but I've disabled and hidden them. Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

tbh wrote: »
    yeah, think it's an israeli one. I did get a couple of apps included, the icon text looks like yiddish, but I've disabled and hidden them. Thanks for the reply!

Should be a generic Euro one coming soon then, so you could just reflash that one to lose the yiddish.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Fieldog wrote: »
    Should be a generic Euro one coming soon then, so you could just reflash that one to lose the yiddish.... :D

I think this is euro release:

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/06/21/exclusive-i9300xxufme7-android-4-2-2-jelly-bean-leaked-firmware-for-the-galaxy-s-iii/
    Firmware Details
    Android Version: 4.2.2 – JDQ39 (Jelly Bean)
    PDA: I9300XXUFME7
    CSC: I9300OXAFME7
    MODEM: I9300XXUFME7
    Region: Open Europe
    Carrier: Unbranded
    Changelist: 702147 (Previous leak: I9300XXUFME3 = 611730)
    Build Date: 21 May 2013

Also, NeatRom Lite [Custom] is here with leaked 4.2.2 latest, [XXUFME7 NeatROM Lite v5.2 JB-Leak (4.2.2)] [Kernel: XXUFME7 Stock - Repacked]

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2060403

It seems to be stable......but maybe wait for "official release"??

Advertisement