Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Correct Speaker size 1999 Honda Civic

Options
  • 10-03-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭

What is the Actual Correct Front Spkr Size in a 99 Honda civic saloon
    I have a pair of Fli13cm/5'' speakers.They dont line up though with the holes & seem smaller.How did others fix this problem. Adapters are impossible to find for it.
    tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

What is the Actual Correct Front Spkr Size in a 99 Honda civic saloon
    I have a pair of Fli13cm/5'' speakers.They dont line up though with the holes & seem smaller.How did others fix this problem. Adapters are impossible to find for it.
    tnx

16 cm 6.5" is the size and the depth must be no greater than 50mm due to the moulded plastic on the door card. Deeper speakers can be fitted by cutting this plastic but I'd advise against this due to there being not much room between it and the window regulator, You will also be exposing the speakers to water if you cut the plastic, that is unless you cover them with something else.

These should fit straight in. I fitted the older version of these about 4 years ago without any problems.

http://www.jvc.co.uk/product.php?id=CS-J620X&catid=100182

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

thanks johnboy. this is only a run around car for a while. just wanted to upgrade the speakers a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

thanks johnboy. this is only a run around car for a while. just wanted to upgrade the speakers a bit.

The ones I linked will be perfect so. They will run off the head unit no problem too.

16cm fli speakers are too deep and ideally need an amp to power them.

If you intend to replace the rears they are 6x9.

Anything should sound better than the pioneer factory speakers which are well past it now and weren't great to begin with :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    The ones I linked will be perfect so. They will run off the head unit no problem too.

16cm fli speakers are too deep and ideally need an amp to power them.

If you intend to replace the rears they are 6x9.

Anything should sound better than the pioneer factory speakers which are well past it now and weren't great to begin with :p

I had that problem before with another car i for got about the mounting depth in the car..pain in the hole!!.

I saw that alright around 57mm they are.
    i know what u mean the diff sometimes is mad even with a normal upgraded radio..
    I wont replace the back too much trouble.
    Tnx

Advertisement