Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splinter Cell PC Demo

Options
  • 19-01-2003 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Got the PC demo yday.

Christ this game rocks! I've tryed it on teh X-Box but the PC blows it outta the water.

The graphics are unbelievable even at 640x480.

Only thing is the demo requires a hefty pc to run...wonder what the full game specs will be like.

Definatly looking to be a must buy game

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I don't really understand why PC users are getting so excited about Splinter Cell. It's a console game (and actually, having played a fair bit more of it now, not that amazing a game either) which will be bodged to bits to work on a PC, and at the end of the day the PC is about to get its best selection of releases in ages (Unreal 2 and C&C Generals next month, Sim City 4 and Master of Orion 2 this month, etc.).... Yet all anyone seems to care about is a second-hand console port. Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

theres a demo here for anybody with big fat pipes

http://www.gamespy.com/games/5005.shtml

everyone else can just chew the fat , and of course give out about eircon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Master of Orion 2

aghhh is it 1996? i have to do my junior cert again

Er, Master of Orion 3 even :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Just got the demo there, graphics are quite good.
    I love the heat vision, not something you see that much :)
    demo is very short, can be done in less than 5 minutes..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeh my geforce ti 4600 destroys the xbox version.
    I borrowed it from a mate for my xbox ,very good game .
    Since i played it on xbox and fact theres no multiplayer i wont get it for pc.
    I read an interview with developers where they say they had to decrease health bar on pc version as with fluid mouse control it would be a cake walk.

Running it on a high-end pc at 1600x1200 res is incredible.
    Even xbox version running on my Sony 32 " 100 hz tv doesnt come close! which brings me on to another subject.
    I got this tv for xmas and tried out my xbox with Halo at 60hz option,framerate really started to suffer , anyone else get this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

yea, apparently the health was decreased by 1/3 to compensate for the mouse look

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Just to say that I would really really really really really like to play master of orion 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Some nice graphical bits...

Although i cant help feeling a little disappointed...

The fact that the sound was fooked didnt help either.

Hmm buy it for xbox or pc hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Just played through it, definately a console game, pretty disappointing, graphics nice but playability is pretty boring and very 'consoly', hopefully the full game wont be as bad, but im not going to get itit I dont think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

have u seen the specs???? holy sh!t

Just to say that I would really really really really really like to play master of orion 3

You know, this post reminded me to wander across the office and ask our consumer site editor blokey if we've had review code for MOO3 - just on the offchance. Much umming and ahhing later we suspect that yes, he did get a preview code disc but he doesn't know where it is now. And didn't think it was important.

He has been forced to mollify my towering rage by plying me with a review copy of Freelancer....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

ooooooooo Freelancer, tell me more! MORE!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

When it going to be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

1: I may be wrong but I seem to remember Splinter Cell being touted for PC release long before MS stepped in with their big chequebook and secured it as an Xbx exclusive for 2002 to pump up their Xmas sales. Hell I nearly bought an Xbox at christmas to see what it was like!

2: WTF is going on with the release date? I pre-ordered it from Play.com with a release date of mid/late January, expecting that I wouldn't have too long to wait when I got back from my honeymoon (on Saturday) before it dropped through my door. Now I find the release has been pushed back another month!
    Are MS paying more now in the hope that the spare cash that's always lying around after christmas will go on the Xbox and Splinter Cell too?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Just played the demo there, and i have to say the visuals are good, it does seem a little consoley,but it does have nice fluid movement.

The fact that there`s no form of multi action leaves it down the pegging order in my list of games to get.

It still looks amazing, even tho the heat vision and night vision are sorta gimicks, but hey it worked for bullet time and max payne

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anyone know where I can get the demo?
    The gamespy site seems to be knackered...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

www.filemirrors.com

search for "splinter"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I only played a small bit of the demo. Just the bit where u go through the halls and up the stairs and that was it. The graphics r well nice though. Its cool in that one room the way the plasticy curtains move, thats deadly!

Advertisement