Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4g Ennis

Options
  • 08-04-2014 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭

Three now offer a 4g service in ennis!
    Sadly nothing for the rest of clare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Rest of Clare is still waiting for 3G in many places

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Rest of Clare is still waiting for 3G in many places

Where?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Anyone have any speed tests?

Mr. G wrote: »
    Anyone have any speed tests?

I got a few on my fathers htc one, but i was only coming around ennis from limerick to kilrush so i only had 2 bars. I got 12mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TomGalway

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Where?

Ballynacally / Kildysart still on Edge for most networks if you are lucky enough to even get that much.

• Advertisement

TomGalway wrote: »
    Ballynacally / Kildysart still on Edge for most networks if you are lucky enough to even get that much.

Tbh, dats in de middle of no where

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Both look like they are in Clare according to google maps :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm just off the Kilrush Road in Ennis and I don't get anything put Edge on either my S4 or my iPhone, 1 is on Tesco and the other with Vodafone.

Clareman wrote: »
    I'm just off the Kilrush Road in Ennis and I don't get anything put Edge on either my S4 or my iPhone, 1 is on Tesco and the other with Vodafone.

If you actually read the fourm, you would notoce i.said three

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Would you like a saucer of milk with your morning coffee?

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    Would you like a saucer of milk with your morning coffee?

Ok im a little grouchy but i hate ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Usually get one bar on Vodafone but sometimes none at all but it still manages to work, albeit very slowly!

Jim Martin wrote: »
    Usually get one bar on Vodafone but sometimes none at all but it still manages to work, albeit very slowly!

Of 4g? Thats very unlikely. I can almost completly rule.that out. How close are you from limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i hate ignorance.
    Of 4g? Thats very unlikely. I can almost completly rule.that out. How close are you from limerick?

I hate bad spelling, punctuation & grammar, borderline ignorant :pac:

Stuxnet wrote: »
    I hate bad spelling, punctuation & grammar, borderline ignorant :pac:

Before you comment on mine, check yours. No full stop in yours.

I came on here to talk about 4g in ennis, not to be trooled on my grammar, spelling and punctuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭yoppo

I live by Rice College and have no 4G! I had it while driving in town two days ago but it's gone again.

yoppo wrote: »
    I live by Rice College and have no 4G! I had it while driving in town two days ago but it's gone again.

On three? It hasnt offically launched yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mod Warning - Please be civil to each together and refrain from making an issue out of grammar and spelling mistakes.

On three? It hasnt offically launched yet though.

I'm on three, I had it briefly but it went when I went indoors.

yoppo wrote: »
    I'm on three, I had it briefly but it went when I went indoors.

Yeah, probably in testing.
    Check your coverage on the map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

Hope it's ok to resurrect this thread from a couple of months ago!

Carnacalla, can I just ask if you're able to pick up 4G all around Ennis or is it just on the South/West side? I'm on the East side and definitely don't pick it up there but haven't noticed it becoming available on my phone anytime I'm in other areas of the town either. When I'm in Limerick it automatically switches over. I'm on Three also.

muggles wrote: »
    Hope it's ok to resurrect this thread from a couple of months ago!

Carnacalla, can I just ask if you're able to pick up 4G all around Ennis or is it just on the South/West side? I'm on the East side and definitely don't pick it up there but haven't noticed it becoming available on my phone anytime I'm in other areas of the town either. When I'm in Limerick it automatically switches over. I'm on Three also.

I noticed it in the town and not around the outskirts. I havnt been in ennis in a while but it seems to have launched now so defaintly an issue to bring up with three.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Three is awful around my part of Shannon. I was able to get out of my contract, it was so bad. Seems three use vodafone masts for calls when their own ones are out of range. But data wasn't carrying across. :rolleyes:

Coverage map says excellent though.

Couldn't get 3 to work - only Vodafone seems to vaguely work!

With 4g?

With 4g?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chippie1774

im living lahinch road, just after whelans quarry..... 3 service never hectic... but best of the lot for me.... but in last 2 weeks its seriously bad...... before i would have a full coverage, fully green..... now thou its either orange /red.... just wonder how the service can get so bad... been ringing them..am all the tell me is my area no longer in coverage..... and to top that another guy said, there must be a new house built thats blocking my coverage...... man i hate dealing with phone providers.... worse than bankers.... :(

I have it by Sheils, parts of town and by Dunnes but not where I live by the fire station!

With 4g?

Sorry, no, that's 3g!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

This may be just my phone, but I find that I have to manually select 3 from the mobile network list a lot of the time, especially on the outskirts of Ennis. It cab hit and miss around the Lahinch road.

I think it's because 3 have only a 2G roaming agreement with Vodafone and whenever Vodafone have better coverage they are preferred.

The rebranding of O2 may solve this if 3 end their contract with Vodafone.

3G is working fine for me though, YouTube is pretty instant but my phone doesn't have 4G so I can't see what that's like.

Advertisement