Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water Land Giveaway

Options
  • 13-08-2014 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

http://www.clarecourier.ie/article.asp?id=4214

Anyone else read this? Why exactly is CCC giving away public lands to private companies for free? To add insult to injury they are giving it to Irish Water, the company which by law has to build a plant anyway so why exactly are we giving them land for free?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

We have to keep up the 'brown envelope' culture - otherwise, people will think there's something seriously wrong with us!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

CptSternn wrote: »
    http://www.clarecourier.ie/article.asp?id=4214

Anyone else read this? Why exactly is CCC giving away public lands to private companies for free? To add insult to injury they are giving it to Irish Water, the company which by law has to build a plant anyway so why exactly are we giving them land for free?

Am I missing something?
    The links points to an article about transferring land to ESB to build a sub-station to power an improved treatment plant.

So the transfer is to the ESB and not to Irish Water.
    ESB is not yet privatised I believe.

.... or maybe I am reading the wrong page or misunderstanding?
    Independent councillor PJ Ryan’s opposition to the transfer of an area of public land to the ESB could have held up work at a new substation to pump wastewater from Smithstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irish coldplayer

Am I missing something?
    The links points to an article about transferring land to ESB to build a sub-station to power an improved treatment plant.

So the transfer is to the ESB and not to Irish Water.
    ESB is not yet privatised I believe.

.... or maybe I am reading the wrong page or misunderstanding?

also this bit

"Fine Gael councillor Johnny Flynn insisted that, in the event of privatisation of the ESB, it should be a condition of sale that the council is fully remunerated"

Advertisement