Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Calendar not displaying on Android or web

Options
  • 31-10-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭

Problem cropped up yesterday
    I have 2 main Google Calendars and some other ones i subscribe to (fav sports teams etc)
    All working hunkydory up until yesterday - showing on my Desire and in Google Calendar on the web.

Now for some reason one of them (fav rugby team subscribed calendar) is not displaying any info. It wont work for me or my wife (HTC Legend) on either the phone or the web but it will work for 2 work colleagues on both the web and their iPhone

can someone maybe try it on their Google account and phone etc? Here is the link (its an ical format I think a .ics file) Hope its ok to post this link
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/tools/calendars/munster-firstteam.ics

weird
    anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

This appears to be nothing wrong on your end.

When I click the link it opens in a new tab and displays some basic info in plain text, usually when I open .ics files in a web browser it tries to download them. Comparing it to an ical file I know works it appears there is just no events in the Munster rugby one you are trying to use, contact the admin and see if somet is broken on their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I will ask the two guys in work tomorrow to see if they can see data in the calendar on the web in their gmail account and also in their iPhone.

I would hate if it works on the dreaded iPhone and not on my Desire!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

OK - we are getting close to a root cause here and it looks
    like its Google
    I have tried to add subscription calendars to my Outlook account and they work fine

I have added the same calendars to my GMAIL Calendar and also 2 friends
    have tried it on their accounts and still we dont see details

Next port of call is see if I can get Google to look at it but I
    dont hold out much hope of that

see details of this here
    http://www.munsterfans.com//forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27007&PN=1&TPN=1

Advertisement