Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google calendar football fixtures

Options
  • 20-09-2010 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Hey hope this will help people who were subscribed to Telegraph Sports Calendar which has now been discontinued :(

I found this website that you can custom build the football calendar for yourself :Dhttp://fixtures.thismonkey.com/fixtures-football.shtml

So for example if you want the Premier League you can click on this link and subscribe to your football team fixtures http://fixtures.thismonkey.com/cgi-bin/football-fixture.pl?view=latest&type=ha&code=football&jumpto=eng_2010_1

When you have chosen your team you can then download "CSV - Comma Separated Values" and import it to google calendars ( I think this is better than the subscription method like Telegraph Sports Calendar because once you download it it cant be discontinued) Google guide to importing

Information given : time,location and what league they are playing in.
    I'm not rooted otherwise I would show you a screenshot of it :o I use Smooth calendar and launcher pro plus calendar looks great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

i'm gonna take a look at this. looks interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Try this - http://icalshare.com/categories/soccer
    Also search the web for .ics calendar files or links to subscribe too. There are loads out there and I recently found some for Magners League (http://www.magnersleague.com/tools/calendars/celtic-fixtures.ics)and my fav rugby team and also fav soccer team and they auto update with stuff like kick off times and what TV channel they are on etc.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

There is already some function within google calenders itself to follow a particular team. It provides the dates of all their games. Have used it for the last couple of years. If you go to Settings-calender settings-Calenders - browse interesting calenders-sport you will find something there that might interest . Only problem is that it is going by official fixture list and does not account for changes made for TV coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

jonseyblub wrote: »
    There is already some function within google calenders itself to follow a particular team. It provides the dates of all their games. Have used it for the last couple of years. If you go to Settings-calender settings-Calenders - browse interesting calenders-sport you will find something there that might interest . Only problem is that it is going by official fixture list and does not account for changes made for TV coverage.

Yea I saw that but could never get it to sync with my Android phone. It would show up in the Google calendar but not on the phone... hence why I tried the other way.

Does it work on your phone ? What app are you using ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    Yea I saw that but could never get it to sync with my Android phone. It would show up in the Google calendar but not on the phone... hence why I tried the other way.

I've tried that on mine. The fixtures are on my calender but when i check my calender on the phone there's no sign of them!! Nexus One user.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Using the google service for some years.

Go into your calendar -> menu -> more -> calendars

From there you can tick the calendars for viewing.

Make sure to run a sync before the steps above.

Works fine for me on Desire

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

TheDoc wrote: »

I can get some calendars to sync no problem but with certain ones they don't seem to work. From another site they said :
    I discovered you can't sync Calendars that are not in an XML format (eg most or all of the 'interesting calendars'). I got this from another site..

"The Google limitation is that if the Google Calendar does not have an
    .XML format, then the Android phone won't show it at all apparently.
    There's lots postings on the Google support site about this .XML
    calendar thing and the best work around is to import the Yahoo or other
    calendars that support it."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Only got around to installing this now and works fine. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

TheDoc wrote: »

Sorry to hijack this thread but maybe you can help me, I have calendar sync setup on my Galaxy S, managed to sync my Contacts birthdays from Google Contacts via Google Calendar, but other calendars I add won't appear on the phone, Irish holidays for example which I added to Google Calendars, any ideas?
    Also, events I add to the phone calendar aren't synced back up to Google Calendars :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

jonseyblub wrote: »

Also found that a lot of these are way out of date and don't really sync with my phone either. Thats why i switched to getting ones that support XML format and are usually with a .ics file type in the address. They all work a treat.
    I have also shared a calendar with my team mates from our club Google account for our local club fixtures and its got a .ics file extension on the end. Some of the team have it on their phones now so it seems to work and it auto updates too

• Advertisement
Advertisement