Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warner Brothers Tour

Options
  • 12-02-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

I'll be in L.A for a day during the summer and have booked the VIP Warner Brothers Tour, can someone recommend accommodation thats is nearby or that is easily accessible to the studios.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nolimits12

Stayed in a motel it was close-ish to the studios. We had a car so it was easily accessible. Have you tried hostelworld.com?

I think this is it... http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Saharan-Motor-Hotel/Los-Angeles/15675?dateFrom=08+Mar+2013&dateTo=11+Mar+2013&sc_sau=avdc&sc_pos=1

But what I do when I'm booking cheap accom is always read reviews. Hostelworld has some reviews but google that hotel in tripadvisor and see what people are saying.

Do the universal studios one too! Its really good, esp the haunted house. Ive never been so terrified. Plus if youre a desperate housewives fan, you get to go to the real Wisteria Lane :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Enjoy the Warner Bros tour, OP. I did it a few years ago and I found it really excellent! Didn't enjoy the universal studios one as much but it's still quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

I did the Universal tour some years ago and stayed no where close to the studio but I was close to the L.A. Metro system. While the system is no where near as developed as the NY subway or any major European city it is pretty good and I also found the bus service good aswell. So a little research into the routes could save you a lot on hotel bills for a small outlay on public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nolimits12

When my family and I go vacation in California we usually do a vacation package. It's hard to find a hotel where it can accommodate all the attractions. If anyone knows of a better way let me know. The cons with the vacation packages are the limit of what can be done during your vacation :(

Motels! Honestly they arent as bad as you would think. Stayed in really nice ones, with a pool and all! Before we went to california wehad accomodation for 4 nights sorted. Had car rental sorted for two weeks and that was it. This was with 4 of us in my family and we met up with my sister for a few days too (she was on a J1).

But during these two weeks we didnt stay anywhere longer than two days (except santa barber but you would for there). We visited san fransico, hollywood, disneyland in anaheim, sequoia national park and santa barbera.
    Best. holiday. ever.
    Its been 5 years and I still remember it..

Anyway it all worked out pretty cheap for june. Flights were the only expensive part. Plus we werent limited! We planned as we went on. Thank god for sat navs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I actually did some IT Consultancy work on the Studio lots a few years ago. Could see the tours going through, at the time I actually stayed right by Universal City Walk. It was a short taxi ride away. Hotels over there were pretty high end. If you can at all, I would suggest going to the San Diego Zoo, unfortunately LA is kind of a sh1thole, but there's a lot of other nice parts of California

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement