Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting transparency anti-aliasing to work in Crysis

Options
  • 17-10-2010 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

This is driving me mad but it just doesn't seem to work. There is no option in game to do it and googling around seems to reveal that it might not actually be possible.

I tried using the rEdge thing as well and it didn't work either, with or without anti-aliasing, or at least wasn't strong enough to make a real difference.

I hate how games companies don't take anti-aliasing seriously all of a sudden even though we finally have enough GPU power for it to not be as big an issue. To me it speaks volumes for their double standards of "realism" that we can finally have semi-realistic foliage but it looks like jaggy crap. This especially ruined Halo 3 for me.

I only have a 1440x900 monitor so it's especially annoying for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Oh it's possible alright, it just requires a hell of a lot of messing around in order to get working due to the manner in which the CE2 renderer works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

Do you have to do that everytime? That's kind of ridiculous.

Advertisement