Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I get a PS3 or an X-Box 360?

Options
  • 14-10-2010 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

I have a conundrum. I like both consoles and what they have to offer, but I am unable to make a decision and I'm looking for advice. Sorry if this questions has been asked before.

I have a Wii and I love it because I can play games I had when I was a kid. I usually play on my own since my partner doesn't like video games. Which of the two consoles would you recommend the most?

Edit: And another thing. Where should I get the console? Is there any place in Dublin with good deals? Amazon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Depends on how you plan to use it for gaming. If you want play a lot of online games with your friends then a 360 is probably a better experience due to cross game chat etc. though you will have to pay to play on Xbox Live, with the PS3 the network is free.

There is a larger selection of games for the 360 but some of the PS3 exclusives like Uncharted 2 are incredible.

Also if you don't have a Blu Ray player remember that the PS3 is also one of the best Blu Ray players out there along with being a game console.

I'd always go with the PS3 myself but it really depends on how and what you plan to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Not another one of these threads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

andrewire there's a bunch of these threads already so I'd suggest you check around for info in them.

I'd also suggest you have this moved to the Games forum as, if it does remain open, you'll get a more balanced response there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'd get both and make them fight to the death with a broken pool cue. Whichever one survives, keep it. Or just get an Atari Jaguar.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What's your budget OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Put a ps3 controller in your hand, then the 360 controller. Whatever one feels better go with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

rizzla wrote: »
    Put a ps3 controller in your hand, then the 360 controller. Whatever one feels better go with that one.

I have to agree with Rizzla... I have both systems and I hate the ps3 controller with a passion. It just feels too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iceferg

check which consoles your friends have , that way you can borrow their games .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 pstokes

ps3 for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Everyone knows a PS3 gets you all the chicks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

andrewire wrote: »
    I have a Wii and I love it because I can play games I had when I was a kid. I usually play on my own since my partner doesn't like video games. Which of the two consoles would you recommend the most?

If you mostly play on your own and like classic games then buy a PS3. You can buy MegaDrive game compendiums, download and play a lot of PS1 games (bout €5-7 each). The XBox 360 is much stronger for online gaming, so if thats not a big deal for you then go with the PS3. You also get a top of the range Blu-Ray player thrown in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

OH dear God not again.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭andrewire

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll go for the PS3 since online gaming isn't that important for me. Where can a find good deals on PS3 consoles? I saw most shops have a bundle including Fifa 11 and I don't like that game.

Advertisement