Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where did they go??

Options
  • 12-10-2006 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭

does anyone have the faintest idea what happened to cadbury wispa bars??:confused:
    im not happy tbh because i just loved them and no amount of 'dairy milk bubbly' consumption is helping me!! THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!!! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The bubbles are far too big, not the right texture at all! :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This was answered before. I think Cadburys changed the name (and everything else about it) because Dairy Milk is their flagship product and they want to promote that as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

sorry didnt realise it was answered before!:o i think there should be a revolt! no to dairy milk bubbly!!!!:mad:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes, Wispa was superior to Dairy Milk Bubbly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Bring back the Wispa! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

You could write a big long letter to cadbury's asking that they bring it back, but i'd reckon it'd be just binned, and you'd basically be wasting your time.

Personally, i'd love to see Wispa back again, but right now they are gonna be nothing more than a mere memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

*wipes tears* sniff!!

There's times that I'd kill for a Wispa Mint...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I brought this up at a sales meeting a few weeks ago. We (sales team) are trying to get the new product development people to bring back bars such as wispa for limited periods. What Faith said about dairy milk being the main brand is true but that wasn't the reason wispa was dropped, it was dropped because the sales were suffering so they rebranded it as dairy milk bubbly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Archeron

I haf tventy boxes of vispas held hostage in mein safehouse. Send me tventy million euro and I vill release them.

Failure to comply vill result in the slow and tasty destruction of zeese chocolate bars unt whom you love so much.

Meet me in ze park. I vill be vearing a trenchcoat and haf a patch over one eye. Depending on how late you get there, I may also be covered unt bubbly chocolate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭betelgeuse

Wispas were always such a treat as a kid. I loved them but would never buy one because they didn't "last" long enough. Much more value to be had in three Highland Toffee bars. :D

The caramel Wispas were lovely as well... Wispa Gold I think they were called?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Wispa's were quite possibly the most delicous 'common' chocolate bar you could have. I miss it, Dairy Milk Bubbly just does not taste the same, nor does it have the same texture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Well hopefully if they do come back they'll taste the same as they used to, although I know for a fact that even if they are exactly the same some people will say that they aren't

Archeron wrote:
    I haf tventy boxes of vispas held hostage in mein safehouse. Send me tventy million euro and I vill release them.

Failure to comply vill result in the slow and tasty destruction of zeese chocolate bars unt whom you love so much.

Meet me in ze park. I vill be vearing a trenchcoat and haf a patch over one eye. Depending on how late you get there, I may also be covered unt bubbly chocolate.

For the first few words there, I though you were just a really sucky speller.

I lost my first tooth on a Wispa. Ahh, the memories...

Advertisement