Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bacon Fries?

Options
  • 15-07-2006 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭

you know the ones you get in a pub.

where can i get them - except a pub - and possibly a bigger bag do they even exsist?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I wish a bigger bag existed, sadly I don't think one exists.:( You would want a 2 litre of ice cold Sprite or 7up beside you when eating a bag though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Big bags can indeed be obtained, maybe in Tescos. They're about the same size as a big bag of Doritos if you know what I mean.

The only thing about them is that they don't taste nearly as nice as the smaller bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

grimloch wrote:
    The only thing about them is that they don't taste nearly as nice as the smaller bags.

damnit i hate that dreaded curse, it's the same with coke, much better from can than bottle etc.

i'll try tesco's thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I'm not wholly sure about Tescos now that I think about it. One of my friends sourced them recently enough, I'll give him a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ahh sure it's grand, it was just that it was mentioned in another thread and seeing as i'm too broke for a night out soon, it will be a long time until i can devour a packet again.

if they don't have them in tesco's i can always buy kettle chips nyom.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

tesco;s don't have bacon fries like hte ones in teh small red and yellow bags (smiths's??), you can buy them in random small shops that get in a card of them. it's not possible to buy bigger bags afaik

tesco stock continental style light ones and supersalty tesco brand ones (that taste remarkably like the hunky dory's bacon bites)

you can buy the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Super Valu stock a big bag of them, I was highly dubious but although they don't taste as good as the pub ones they aren't half bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

they have bacon fries in tesco in a purple bag. they are quite nice i think but there is a reason why they are in a small bag in pubs and thats because if you eat loads of them they give you MASSIVE heartburn. still dont stop me from eating em though! :) they are a huge bag and cost less than €1 i think

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Are those huge bags the hunky dory ones, they're not half as good as the smiths ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

the big ones in tesco cost 50 cent i think for like 500 g's they are divine they really are. but really bad for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

charba wrote:
    the big ones in tesco cost 50 cent i think for like 500 g's they are divine they really are. but really bad for you.

Lol are you sure you don't mean 50g, 500g is like 15 times the size of regular bacon size bag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

you can get big bags but they are nit as nice as the ones in the pub. You can get big bags in marks and spencers and prob in tesco. The nicest ones ive seen outside of pubs are the hunky dory ones not sure if they are still around but they were lovely we used to have them in vending machine in work

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Cremo wrote:
    damnit i hate that dreaded curse, it's the same with coke, much better from can than bottle etc.

i'll try tesco's thanks

I'm with you there I much prefer coke (diet coke) from the can. It just tastes fizzier and more refreshing. The worst thing ever is the dogs end of a 2L of fizzy drink :(

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've tried the Tesco own-brand big bags alright. But they're not as nice as teh Smiths ones. Though that didn't stop me devourign the packet and feeling ill later! :D

Now, what I'd like is a big bag of Scampi Fries! NYOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

I'm with you there I much prefer coke (diet coke) from the can. It just tastes fizzier and more refreshing. The worst thing ever is the dogs end of a 2L of fizzy drink :(

:) I thought it was just me that ended up pouring the end of the bottle down the sink! Good to know it's not just me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'll just have to do with Rancheros. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Nothing beats smiths Bacon fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

smiths bacon fries are lovely, all other ones are not nice at all, tesco brand nearly made me sick, yuk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Ruu wrote:
    I'll just have to do with Rancheros. :)

You know you can get large bags of Rancheros, not many shops do them but they can be gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Yea you can get massive massive bags, wish you could get the same with smiths bacon fries though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I prefer the tayto ones

Advertisement