Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Foreign coke

Options
  • 28-06-2006 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice there's a hell of a lot of foreign small bottles of coke around lately, mostly in newsagents? It annoys me because I can taste the difference and it's crazy considering we make it in Ireland, crazy!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

*Angel* wrote:
    Anyone notice there's a hell of a lot of foreign small bottles of coke around lately, mostly in newsagents? It annoys me because I can taste the difference and it's crazy considering we make it in Ireland, crazy!

It is annoying when you get a foreign bottle, can definitely tell the difference and it never seems as nice.

I think the little bottles are a new addition to the Irish line up though are they not? I haven't bought one so can't be sure...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

yeah, the new mini size are part of the irish range now. bottled coke tastes weird regardless of where it's made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yeah i think the foriegn coke has a weird taste. I avoid it at all costs. Still haven't seen those mini ones anywhere yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

yea that horrible NASTY german and saudi arabian stuff!!! yuck splutter
    is their water safe? I don't buy it if it's foreign... cheapo retailers - my pet hate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Wow, personally I think Irish coke is horrible compared to the foreign stuff. Tastes alot more watery. I'm not just saying this because I live in Germany either. If you tell me that foreign sprite is horrible then I'll know you're all crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

You cant get good Coke in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Haven't noticed a difference in coke here and abroad to be honest, but I don't drink it too much anyway....I do however, notice that not only does FANTA taste completely different, its not even the same colour!

Ok well yes obviously its orange still (:p ) but here its sugar fizzy crap, brightly coloured, and whenever I drink it abroad its alot fruitier and deeper coloured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I have a Bulgarian Coke I got on my honeymoon, 11 years ago. I wonder what it tastes like, but am very afraid :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Don't like foreign coke at all. I think it tastes much sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Same with 7up!!American stuff is muck!! As is dutch 7up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

why would anyone want the mini bottles off coke?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Nehpets wrote:
    why would anyone want the mini bottles off coke?

Go with me on this....

Maybe just maybe the big bottles are well two big for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

They fit better in handbags? I've yet to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The american and possibly the german stuff use corn syrup with/instead of sugar, so thats partly the differance in taste. I have to agree tho german coke isnt nice at all.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

wow i don't think i've ever noticed any difference between foreign coke and irish coke!! I'll be in Barcelona for a week in August so I must test it then...what's Spanish coke like??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I was in barcelona last week and im happy to say the coke over there is safe to drink :D ....yeah its pretty good. Mountain Dew is in supply over there if yah like that too.Oh and check out Aquarius it's quite tasty.

CC

Advertisement