Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Software Mixers...

• 31-01-2005 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Can anyone (a) explain them to me, and (b) maybe suggest one? :-)

I know this might be better off on a techy board, but I reckon there's a better chance of finding a musician who uses a computer here than finding a computer user who's also a musician on another board!

I have an Edirol FA-101 and I have a set of passive speakers hooked up to it. I'm very pleased with the FA-101 overall, but the one (infamous) problem with it is that it doesn't come with a software mixer, so I'm resorted to turning stuff up by using Winamp / Media Player etc. The levels on Windows' native mixer are cranked up to 11.

All the searches I do for this return "...and of course the FA-101 doesn't have a software mixer..." and so forth.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

what do you record onto? get pro tools man, that's all you need..

you can download a free version of pro tools from www.digidesign.com but it's not compatible with xp..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

I use Cubase SX. But I haven't done a lot of recording so far.

I actually should have mentioned that I meant I'm interested in a mixer for general playback; i.e. the passive speakers are only a 'normal' volume when cranked up to the max by both XP's mixer and, say, Winamp's mixer.

Ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

if they're passive speakers then you'll need an amplifier.. either that or get yourself some active speakers..

Hmmm... I was under the impression that the FA-101 -has- an amp builit into it, but it just ships without a dedicated software mixer...

Does that sound plausible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I think it's a preamp. You still will need a hifi poweramp to get decent volume

• Advertisement

Fair enough. Thanks for the advice lads!

Advertisement