Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Prosecco deals?

• 01-07-2015 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has heard of any good deals on prosecco or sparkling wines going at the moment.

For the welcome reception, our hotel is allowing us to bring 30 bottles, with no corkage charge so I'm on the hunt now for the best deals.

I know dunnes/tesco/lidl etc have offers on every so often so there is money to be saved there.

We are looking for something under €10 if possible, so if anybody has any advice it would be gratefully received.

Roddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Roddylarge wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has heard of any good deals on prosecco or sparkling wines going at the moment.

For the welcome reception, our hotel is allowing us to bring 30 bottles, with no corkage charge so I'm on the hunt now for the best deals.

I know dunnes/tesco/lidl etc have offers on every so often so there is money to be saved there.

We are looking for something under €10 if possible, so if anybody has any advice it would be gratefully received.

Roddy

I had an email from group on or a similar website that had 12.bottles for €100 this morning. Can't remember what site it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Tesco cava is under €10 normally, and when they do their 20% off deal it's great value. Also Supervalu regularly do but 6 bottles get 1 free, which works out very cheap.

We bought wine from o'briens and negotiated an excellent discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

done lots of looking into this prices and tasting many..

The best one so far value and taste wise well for me is the Griffin Prosecco the cheapest you can get that is €8..
    The supervalue deal and the Tesco deals are pretty much the same with prices when the same when they have the buy 6 bottles...

Griffin to me is kinda a dry Prosecco you can get Rose too which talking to a few people is quite a hit with the guests. The bottles are a curse to open, if you are getting these pre warn the staff.. was thinking of getting one of those rabbit openers if we are going with it..

Then there is the Emotivo Prosecco - Carry out do this. Normally around €8.99/€10.00. Nice one too quite close to the Griffin but a little sweeter..

Lidl do one for the €8 mark too but there isn't many bubbles in it, it goes flat after the first sip. That's he one with the orange label on it..

There is a beauty of one in Aldi but it is €20 bottle quite nice if you wanted to buy gifts for anyone..
    Or the Cremant du Jura isn't the worst

From asking also supervalue are quite open to working with you and carry out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

Thank you

what a great reply Milly, thanks for the attention to detail. I really need to head around a few of the shop pick up one or two bottles and then see what sort of deal i can get.

One other option, i may pursue, however I'm not sure if it is worthwhile or even allowed.
    Is to ask my local landlady. She is a good friend and is in fact coming to the wedding, would it be legal if i was to ask her to purchase some bottles at cost price etc from a wholeseller and then sell them to me at cost, or even "gift them to me". ?

thanks again everyone for the replies, much appreciated.
    Keep them coming though, I've only 2 months left to sort this :-)

2 Months you have lots of time, sure now is the time anywho when they have the sales on with it..

I would think defiantly ask the landlady if she would not mind. You would get them quite cheaper I would think. Even if you said you would pay her directly that's fine. We were kinda going to ask the same with kegs if we had to get them but got it sorted out in the end.. I would not go screaming it off the rooftops but sure see what she says.

The pain haha we get to taste another bottle this evening Ill let you know what it is like. We asked in the local shop as thought it would be nice to give local, so he has one coming in this evening he said for the 9euro mark. Ill let you know what it taste like :)

Another one two if you wanted to keep cost down is bucks fizz its a nice half way drink especially for those who do not like to drink a lots. €2.49 in Tesco at the moment with 10% off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Nothing illegal about it, but it's probably as cheap to go to lidl/aldi/Tesco. Hubby is in the wine business, his cheapest wholesale is €8:50.

We tried Val D'oca at the weekend. It is €9.99 in Carry out and well yep tisnt worth it. It is a screw cap one, the fizz isn't the worst but not great kinda has a water taste after the first sip..

Just incase OP supervalue have their deal on at the moment ends tomorrow at midnight.. Just ordered our own Griffin works out when you buy in 6's at €7.33 a bottle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

Oh thanks Milly.

I must find out where our nearest super value is and go buy some prosecco.

Tis good now I must say going to collect ours this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Just a thought here that might help you save some money. A lot of papers are going the €10 off when you spend €50 at Aldi. tesco will accept these vouchers so if you get your prosecco there you could save a lot of money by just buying a few papers.

Yep we used it last night in Tesco, for the bucks fizz we just used the one as we weren't going over the 100 with prices but it still is a bit off which is good..

Noting that too for anyone looking the lady said they would be having another sale in August with wines

Advertisement