Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what's it worth?

• 31-01-2005 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭gzdamien

just looking for some opinions.. i'm hoping to get rid of my old guitar, but its in pretty bad shape. i havent played it for a few years but it was my main guitar during my teenage years and thus wasnt looked after that well. its a fender jagstang (surprise surprise), bought in about 97. there are a few small nicks/dents in the body but the main problem is rust, i sweat some kind of corrosive crap from my fingers and thus the bridge/pickups/screws are kinda rusty. this has also affected the frets (worn down from corrosive stuff on the strings) and the voume knob, which has come loose and had the washer get messed up, leaving it fairly tempremental. so it would definitly need a once over.
    what do you reckon is a decent price to ask for it and as no random player is going to want to buy a guitar in this shape, who should i be trying to sell it to?
    thanks in advance.. also any advice on containment of the corrosive stuff problem (apart from the obvious constant string changing/guitar cleaning) is welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Wash your hands before playing.

As for the guitar, is it Mexican or American? With all the damage you describe, you're not going to get a hell of a lot for it.They're €435 new so I'd say you'd be lucky to get €200 for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i'll give ya 50:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭gzdamien

its japanese, actually. i would happily take 200 if i knew of a potential buyer.. do you reckon shops or guitar repair people would be interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Make a big deal of it being Japanese and you should have no trouble getting €200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

na don't trade it in a shop, you won't get as much as you could for it.. you could always try eBay but i doubt you'll get 200 for it there..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Well, it is 1990's original... The condition would bring it down 100 or so but they seem to get a good price on ebay...

here

Its in mint condition but still

have you got any pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Well, it is 1990's original

I mean that it aint one of the newer reissues they put out last year made in some unpronouncable country, tis the japanese one

The 1990's ones are thought to be superior to the reissues. And they get a higher price on eBay

• Advertisement
Advertisement