Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Man Utd 8:00PM Monday SS1

• 28-04-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

2 days to the big derby so I think its time for the thread.

My Line up prediction's:

Man City
    Hart
    Richards- Lescott- Kompany- Kolarov
    Johnson -Yaya toure- silva
    Aguero Tevez Nasri

Man Utd
    De gea
    Rafael- Evans-Ferdinand-Evra
    Valencia- Scholes-Carrick-Nani
    Rooney
    Welbeck

Prediction: 2-1 United

Who will win the manchester derby? 222 votes

Man City
    0%
    Draw
    58%
    SickBoyDingatronSeanehDempseyDcullyCivilServantPsychedelicKoldquarrymanDr Bolouswkisharkmanmobbynlgbbbblthskywalkermayordenisbohsboyquad_redPlayboyapplehunter[Deleted User] 130 votes
    Man United
    41%
    cournioniRaskolnikovT-b0n3Kingp35Unearthlybassywheres me jumpaBrian017445279.ieA Dub in GlasgoMr.Nice GuyTonyD79[Deleted User]Borat_SagdiyevVic VinegargalwayrushVictor McDadestesaurusSilverFox261secman 92 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Draw
    3-0 man city.

All the emphasis on them getting a win and taking an advantage into the last weeks of the season.

Their home record is good this year and with aguero and tevez upfront they'll create a fair few chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I just really really hope the game is not ruined by a early red card as it has the potential to be an absolute cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

United to get the win. Played 3 times this season, United have won 2. They always seem to pull it out of the bag when it is needed and I think this will be no different. I expect United to really attack from the beginning despite most thinking they'll be cagey as a draw would be great as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Draw
    City to win.

I think City will have the edge after the victory earlier in the season, and the fact that United barely scraped by in the FA cup against 10 men.

Can see it being close enough but would love to see a Tevez winner and the implosion of this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Man United
    I think it'll be a 1-1 draw. Two second half goals, with United to take the lead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Draw
    City have seemed to hit form at the right time, while Utd have dropped some poor points of recent. Going to go City 3-1 here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Draw

My Line up prediction's:

Man City
    Hart
    Aguero Tevez Nasri

Incorrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Draw
    5-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Reckon Fergie will go with 451.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Test on Monday evening, and one of my hardest tests on Tuesday morning. Such a balls.

If we lose, then I have no doubt I will fail my test on Tuesday.

Come on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Draw
    Xavi, reckon Milner could get a start?

Draw
    G.K. wrote: »
    Xavi, reckon Milner could get a start?

No, Mancini likes Barry too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Draw
    2 days to the big derby so I think its time for the thread.

My Line up prediction's:

Man City
    Hart
    Aguero Tevez Nasri

Man Utd
    De gea
    Rafael- Evans-Ferdinand-Evra
    Valencia- Scholes-Carrick-Nani
    Rooney
    Welbeck

Prediction: 2-1 United

There is surely no way City will go that attacking. Barry is a shoe-in to start surely

Draw
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Man United
    Bring it on is all I say!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

City will win.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Just hope it's a decent game and that a silly decision by the officials doesn't decide it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Man United
    copacetic wrote: »
    Just hope it's a decent game and that a silly decision by the officials doesn't decide it.

Agreed, I genuinley hope that the best team wins it on their own merits, not on silly ref decisions.

Both teams are on form. United , but for their slip up against Everton, have actually been playing better football of late but their defencive collapse against Everton will be a major worry.

City can approach the game with only one target - a win . . Sounds funny, but I think its easier to prepare for a game you have to win, then it is to prepare for a game you really just dont have to lose.

I hope United's plan is to pick off City on the counter, but the key is to keep things quiet for the first 20mins so city cannot pick up momentum. Their fans will get impatient as time goes on and their players have shown a very nervy side to their play. Indeed it was only when they were written off in the league title that they started to play football again (much easier when there is no expectation) and its no surprise that Mancini has been trying to keep this pressure off by continually publically conceding the title.

For United, this is a huge test of their character and their mettle. They have the players and most importantly the experience to get a result. However, all the pressure is firmly on them as the team expected to win the league and also a team whom many think have shown a fragile centre that threatens to derail their title charge. The know if they lose this, they more then likely throw away the league and will forever be remembered as the United team that bottled it !

Against my better judgement, I have organised with some neighbours to go down to the pub to watch this decider. No doubt, there will be the same "neutrals" looking to annoy United fans, but sure it usually makes the wins all the sweeter.

For me, the biggest question is which teams will show up ? City, the team that looked scared as hell when it looked like they might actually win the league (and their form collapsed) or the team that can destroy any team on its day. United, the strong, consistant, confident team that can grind out results irrespective of performance or the team that looks like it was dragged off a park the day before the match.

Fascinating stuff, but as a United fan I am not looking forward to the game. United have more to lose then City (I fear for the long term ramifications of losing this and the league) and even finishing 2nd will be a progressive season for City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Oh yeah, I forgot about Tevez.
    That's an achievement just mere days before the Manchester derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Can't see Mancini going too attacking in a game like this. I reckon it'll be:
    Hart
    Barry - Yaya
    Milner - Silva - Tevez
    Aguero

Maybe Nasri in for Tevez although I doubt it tbh.

• Advertisement

Draw
    Two City teams posted and neither include our best left back :confused:

Draw
    That's an achievement just mere days before the Manchester derby.

Got so used to not having him around I was expecting a team like so:

Hart
    Richards-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy
    Pizarro-Barry
    Milner-Toure-Silva
    Aguero

Take out one of the CM's, drop Yaya back and put Tevez in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Two City teams posted and neither include our best left back :confused:
    Got so used to not having him around I was expecting a team like so:

Hart
    Richards-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy
    Pizarro-Barry
    Milner-Toure-Silva
    Aguero

Take out one of the CM's, drop Yaya back and put Tevez in.

You happy now? :pac:

Draw
    Mancini will most likely go with same team that he did for the last game except for Richards at right back instead of Zabaleta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Man United
    Think United will go with 4-5-1 for this.

Rooney on his own up front.

Whats the stroy on Nani?

Draw
    If I were him, I'd play this:

abCyjzfahn.jpg

Osman caused Utd all kinds of trouble by tucking inside, drawing out Evra, and leaving Nani to deal with the marauding Hibbert (I feel daft saying that).

Milner can replicate that and also offer a 3rd midfield body to outnumber Carrick and Scholes. This leaves Richards to bomb down the right, a much bigger threat than Hibbert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Draw
    People are obviously not watching City that much. No way will Pizarro or Johnson start, doubtful Milner will.

Hart
    Richards Kompany Lescott Clichy
    Toure Barry
    Silva Tevez Nasri
    Aguero

Most likely this. Balotelli and De Jong could possibly start instead.

I HOPE City win. Derby's are always anxious times, this more so than any other. If we play like we have against West Brom and Norwich and keep United out for 20 minutes I think we could win 3-1 or so. I think it's going to be a bit like the Spurs game though with hopefully the same result.

Draw
    I realise Pizarro won't start, that's just what I'd do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Draw
    I realise Pizarro won't start, that's just what I'd do.

Why?? He's barely played, why would he start in such a big game ahead of proven players. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Advertisement