Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WHICH MIXER? ECLER- XONE - UREI

• 23-03-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

I need to decide within next few days which mixer to get.

I can buy new Ecler Nuo 2.0

New A&H Xone 22 (tested it already)

or used but great condition (no warranty, etc) Urei 1603

I playm mostly electronic music, techno, progressive, chillout and lounge. I passed my times of scratching and fast dialing. Now I am looking for slow-smooth transitions. I use Traktor with Kontorl X1 so effects are not important. I know Xone 22 and it's filter but I can emulate it (good enough) on Traktor so it's not a deal breaker anymore. Sound quality is most important for me and functionality. Again Xone queing system sucks but sound quality is really good. I was thinking now about Ecler as they are v.good sound too. Urei supposed to be best but I am worreid about durability. I will use it only in my studio by the way.

Any comments regarding sound quality of ecler over A&H or opposite? Eq's? Fader curve (not x-fader). Any input is welcome.

Thanks!

PS> I have to decide until Monday 26th I hope it's enough for you guys to share your experience. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

I currently own Ecler (SMAC30) and A&H (X92) mixers, but don't own a UREI. Build quality of all three is fantastic, and the sound is pretty good too.

The urei's a lot more featured, I'd prefer it. It's no longer produced though and I don't know if soundcraft would honour legacy components (probably not within the DJ range)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mikelo303

Yes I know it's discontinued. And still it's 300E so I am really thinking if it's worth it. Xone 22 is 300 also and Nuo 2 will cost me 60 more.

So in the end I might be choosing between Xone 22 and Ecler Nuo 2.0

Which sounds better between two?

I understand your reservations about the Urei.

Between Ecler and A&H I prefer the build quality of Ecler. I gigged my SMAC30 to high hell without a flightcase for many years and it's still in perfect condition, just scratched up. It had a full pint through it at one stage and died, before coming back to life again one section at a time. Phenomenal. It's built like a tank. I'm not sure of the Nuo's quality versus the SMAC series, so look for some comparisons online. But as far as I know it was largely a rebadging exercise with new (and apparently better) knobs.

The lower end A&H, I don't feel the love, sorry. It's all about the name, it feels like.

The Urei, as I said, would be my first choice if all were still on the market. I do understand your reticence at buying it second hand now. It has significant advantages over the other two (no, not just the fader count!) like the way the EQ's are set, the way the headphones jack works, the fader lengths, etc.
    I feel the A&H and Ecler are probably better for "faster" mixing, the Urei for "slower" mixing.

Just an opinion.

If you buy the Ecler, be prepared for everyone to melt your head on how you should have got an A&H or Pioneer though. You have been warned. Badge counts for an AWFUL lot in the general public's view of this market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

mikelo303 wrote: »
    Again Xone queing system sucks
    Why so?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Why so?

Because you have 1 knob between left-right channel and button. That's it. No separate buttons and when you leave knob in the middle for both channels it sounds 30-40% quieter than master. SO you have to control it by adding volume. Then you have to tur volume down before pushing cue/master button. Kind of annoying but if you mix with one headphone (1 ear) it does not matter then. It's just XOne 22. I have no clue how it works on other mixers.

• Advertisement

No my friend has Ecler Nuo 4 for sale. So it's Ecler nuo 4 vs Urei 1603.

Which one?

Any ideas?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

what soundcard you using on traktor an audio 8 or similar?

Westwood wrote: »
    what soundcard you using on traktor an audio 8 or similar?

Yep. Audio 4 exactly and Kontrol x1. I think now is Nuo 4 - 300E or Urei 1603 - 400E. Hard to decide but price difference is big. Not sure if 100 more justifies Urei better sound quality.

That Ecler beats the Urei, for me.

Condition of each would be critical though. You won't go wrong with either if they're in good condition.

I'd have reservations about the Urei being described as better sound too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

• Advertisement

Thanks man. Yep I think I go for Ecler Nuo 4.0 from my friend for 200 something. Those assholes selling Urei have craqzy prices and stupid arguments like - Oh I paid for it 500 Sterling in 2008 (and I feckin was using it for 4 years) and now I want 400 Euro for it (with no warranty). I have no patience to deal with idiots. He paid 600 Euro 4 years ago and now wants 400 Euro (and no less, no negotiation, nothing). I had enough writing to both of them and dealing with their arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭DannyKing

A custom made DJR 400 portable rotary mixer by DJ Deep

http://www.electronique-spectacle.com/

DannyKing wrote: »

I just have a boner now. Weird...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

DannyKing wrote: »

I'm guessing they're stupidly expensive?

They're not unreasonable for the quality, IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

How much? I couldn't see any prices on their website.

I believe they're sliiightly more expensive the A&H 92.

Depends on whether you get them with or without the per-channel effects send. About the 1.6k mark basically. The send per channel is about 1.8k.

Been a while since i've seen the price though.

Advertisement