Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407 heater not working

Options
  • 07-11-2013 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hi all, my heater in my 2005 407 is only blowing out cold air, does anyone know anybody in the south east who can fix it, flap in my heater box is brokenconfused.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 barrydjc

thanks for reply, but the flap breaking in the heater box is a common fault in the 407,

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You sure you're not low on coolant?

positive, fellow in longford repairs them for about 500 euro the whole dash has to come out, ,maybe someone can do it without taking the dash out thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Usually when it blows hot one side and cold on the other (when heat is set for both side) its one of the heater flaps.

Put the heat up at max and see if both heater matrix coolant hoses going tru bulkhead are hot..?...if not then you have another problem.

If it is both flaps then give your local dealer a call as they have dropped the price for this job well compared to a few years ago.

As for a diy job without taking out the dash I wouldn't go there as most people cut the heater box open and plaster it up again...:eek:

thanks, if someone in the southeast had cut the heater box open and fixed it, id be prepared to let him fix mine that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

barrydjc wrote: »
    thanks, if someone in the southeast had cut the heater box open and fixed it, id be prepared to let him fix mine that way

Did you ever get this fixed? My 407 is blowing cold and coolant is not the issue. So your issue sounds same as mine.

BopperSnr wrote: »
    Did you ever get this fixed? My 407 is blowing cold and coolant is not the issue. So your issue sounds same as mine.
    no still didn't get it fixed, is your's blowing cold on one side or both sides:confused:

Both sides blowing cold. no hot air at all . put a new filter in so getting good force but all cold. checked using a computer connected and cleared any errors and messed around with the sensors, but still nothing.

Both sides blowing cold. no hot air at all . put a new filter in so getting good force but all cold. checked using a computer connected and cleared any errors and messed around with the sensors, but still nothing.
    problem is the heater flaps in the heater box breaks, to do it right the dash has to come out, guy in longford does them, ud be talking around €450:mad:,,, if you want his number let me know, barry

problem is the heater flaps in the heater box breaks, to do it right the dash has to come out, guy in longford does them, ud be talking around €450:mad:,,, if you want his number let me know, barry

Ok, understood. I'll have a gander at that and let you know how I get on and if I need the number. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Ok, understood. I'll have a gander at that and let you know how I get on and if I need the number. Cheers.
    ok no prob

It sounds like heater flaps alright...if your near the west of the country i know a guy who can do the full job at a reasonable price which includes the flaps.
    He has replaced around 30 of them so at this stage he can do it with his eyes closed...:D

Row wrote: »
    It sounds like heater flaps alright...if your near the west of the country i know a guy who can do the full job at a reasonable price which includes the flaps.
    He has replaced around 30 of them so at this stage he can do it with his eyes closed...:D
    thanks, where abouts is he:cool:

thanks, where abouts is he:cool:

Hes's based in the South Mayo area...:)

Row wrote: »
    Hes's based in the South Mayo area...:)
    thanks might get back to you for his number:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 typerated

I have the same problem with a 407 on the drivers side, and I am based in Galway, is this guy still doing the repairs ???
    Thanks Typerated

Hi I have the same problem, I am based in Galway city, could you send me the contact details of the guy in south Mayo, Thanks
    Typerated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

There's two ways of doing this, one is dash out, which is a pita and spendy, the other is to take off the glovebox which reveals the heater flap actuator motor itself - if you remove this, you can then carefully cut the section of plastic the motor screws to and retrieve the flap - usually the actuator rod(crappy plastic) from the motor to the flap has snapped - you can plastic weld the actuator rod back onto the flap and re-install, again, using plastic welding to seal the section back into position. Re-install the motor and you have heat again. That's just another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davidm90

Hello. I have the same problem, also from Galway. Did you find out if the guy in Mayo is still doing the repairs? If so would you have contact details?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jim829

davidm90 wrote: »
    Hello. I have the same problem, also from Galway. Did you find out if the guy in Mayo is still doing the repairs? If so would you have contact details?

Thanks

would also like to have contact details , in cavan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Cootehill

Have discovered my 407 has this problem as well. Stuck on cold air drivers side. Could I get contact numbers for the guys in Longford and Mayo who repair these please

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davidm90

Cootehill wrote: »
    Have discovered my 407 has this problem as well. Stuck on cold air drivers side. Could I get contact numbers for the guys in Longford and Mayo who repair these please

Just had mine repaired by a Galway based mechanic. Search 'Peugeot Citroen Servicing Diagnostics' on done deal website (wont allow post a URL). Would highly recommend him, price is reasonable compared to others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mickrick1

davidm90 wrote: »
    Just had mine repaired by a Galway based mechanic. Search 'Peugeot Citroen Servicing Diagnostics' on done deal website (wont allow post a URL). Would highly recommend him, price is reasonable compared to others too.

Hi David - I have had this same problem with my 2008 Peugeot 407 for about a year now. I googled Done Deal as you suggested but to no avail. I did get a Turloughmore contact using the same search on adverts but he is not interested. Could you please email me a number for this Galway mechanic.

mickrick1 wrote: »
    Hi David - I have had this same problem with my 2008 Peugeot 407 for about a year now. I googled Done Deal as you suggested but to no avail. I did get a Turloughmore contact using the same search on adverts but he is not interested. Could you please email me a number for this Galway mechanic.

Pm nevI may have his no.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mickrick1

typerated wrote: »
    Pm nevI may have his no.

Thanks. David contacted me with details and the car is already booked in for heater update.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jaga

Hi Mickrick1.

Could you pm me the contact details for the guy in Galway who does the 407 heater flap repair.

Roughly how much can I expect to pay?

Thanks

I had this issue with my 407. Can't remember the specifics but think I got it fixed up north for about 200 sterling.

could be wrong but if anyone wants me to I can try to dig out the info (I'm pretty sure I emailed the chap at some point so should still have the emails floating around somewhere).

He did it without taking the dash out. took about 90 mins if I recall correctly. Mine was stuck on hot air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Vertcastle

Hi guys....I bought a 04 Peugeot 407 two weeks ago, lovely comfortable car. The two problems I have are, the horn don't work, and the blower won't either. Have looked at a few videos on YouTube, but to no avail, has anyone got any ideas, regards vert

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

Vertcastle wrote: »
    Hi guys....I bought a 04 Peugeot 407 two weeks ago, lovely comfortable car. The two problems I have are, the horn don't work, and the blower won't either. Have looked at a few videos on YouTube, but to no avail, has anyone got any ideas, regards vert

Check fuses. I fixed an intermittent light issue by reseating the jumper connections.
    Could also be an bad soldering joint gone dry. Resoldering all PCB joints might fix.

• Advertisement
Advertisement