Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freesat Setup with Samsung Smart Hub

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

weslers wrote: »
    How did you mange to setup the Freesat. I bought the 48JU6500 there is no screwing options but the TV does have Freeview

You're confusing Freeview and Freesat. That TV does not have a satellite tuner, you will need a separate box to receive UK stations via the dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/televisions/uhd-tvs/UE48JU6500KXXU

Under "Tech Specs" the Tuner is DVB-T2 / C which means no Freesat, DVB-T2 / C / S2 is needed

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

weslers wrote: »
    How did you mange to setup the Freesat. I bought the 48JU6500 there is no screwing options but the TV does have Freeview

I have the 48H6500ST which has dual sat & terrestrial

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Dave..M wrote: »
    I have the 48H6500ST which has dual sat & terrestrial

That's the problem, he purchased the TV without knowing the full model no. His is the 48JU6500, yours is the previous model 48H6500. The 48JU6510 is the new terrestrial/sat combi.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97859219

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

The Cush wrote: »
    That's the problem, he purchased the TV without knowing the full model no. His is the 48JU6500, yours is the previous model 48H6500. The 48JU6510 is the new terrestrial/sat combi.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97859219

Ah, i had seen that other thread in passing but didn't equate the two, my original post that was queried was from back in Jan and models specs change as you pointed out in both threads. I did research the TV before buying as I would recommend anyone to do before shelling out money for any piece of expensive kit (Google is useful!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭mollser

Eventually got the satellite connected, I've an es6300 model.

There are a few channels not being picked up, primarily sky news/challenge and the uktv channels that just went fta.

The problem seems to be that these specific transponders tweaked their FEC number recently. However while I can add a transponder I can't input or change the fec number.

Does anyone else have this problem? ? Maybe if I leave it in freesat mode perhaps it will update overnight??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

It updates at 3 am if it is left in standby.

No joy so far, I had a similar problem before on an LG tv, the only solution was a complete wipe and reinstall of the satellite system.

Is there anyway of deleting a transponder from a Samsung tv so that I can then add it as a new one??

Thanks

mollser wrote: »
    No joy so far, I had a similar problem before on an LG tv, the only solution was a complete wipe and reinstall of the satellite system.

Is there anyway of deleting a transponder from a Samsung tv so that I can then add it as a new one??

Thanks

Just did a fresh install of freesat which worked, yay!

Such a neat solution these satellite TV setups

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Anyone here that has the F8000 series have any problems in the last few days. Mine had been working fine but now when I select an app such as Netflix for example...it used to open/load in 2-3 seconds....now I could go and make a cup of tea before it loads. anyone else experiencing this, its just my F8000 series, I have another Samsung Smart TV and its still working fine - not sure if the latest firmware update has caused it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

I have an F8000 but haven't noticed much issues with Netflix. I use the app most evenings.
    Sometimes I get Network errors at initial start up but no problems directly with the App.

On a related note, is anyone having buffering problems with the RTE player app on their Sammy - I can't go a few minutes without it buffering.

As my netflix app is working fine, I'm assuming there is some issue with the RTE App and not my broadband.

quazzy wrote: »
    I have an F8000 but haven't noticed much issues with Netflix. I use the app most evenings.
    Sometimes I get Network errors at initial start up but no problems directly with the App.

On a related note, is anyone having buffering problems with the RTE player app on their Sammy - I can't go a few minutes without it buffering.

As my netflix app is working fine, I'm assuming there is some issue with the RTE App and not my broadband.

Thanks quazzy, don't know what's causing it as I know it's not an internet issue as the other TV is working fine - just presumed it was the upgrade to version 1130 but apparently not if its OK for you
    In regards to the RTE app, mine is working fine once it opens...I haven't had any buffering problems and I was using it last night

I'll check what version I am on this evening and report back.
    I don't remember when I last got an update

My F8000 is on version 1128.

Might leave the update for now if it's gonna cause problems with Netflix

Got sorted in the finish - just needed to reset the smart hub after the update and all is working fine for me now thankfully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Hi all

I am based in Dublin and the house in question has an ariel and a dish

I have a Samsung UE43j5500 so what is the best route to get the Saorview and Freesat channels

I am hoping not to have to add a separate Sat box, can I just use a Triax box to combine the signals and feed into the 1 input on the TV and then tune them in?

I am not in the house yet to try out the options just wondering what I will need

That Samsung model only has a DVB-T2 tuner meaning you can receive Saorview. Freesat needs a DVB-S2 tuner

Usually Freesat is built in on Series 6 TVs and upwards but not all

That Samsung model only has a DVB-T2 tuner meaning you can receive Saorview. Freesat needs a DVB-S2 tuner

Usually Freesat is built in on Series 6 TVs and upwards but not all

I was thinking that alright, just though we might be able to pick up the UK channels on an ariel in dublin?

Anyway I will look into my options, should get a chance to test it out tomorrow anyway

just though we might be able to pick up the UK channels on an ariel in dublin?

Saorview is the only service you can receive in Dublin with an aerial

A satellite dish is required to receive free-to-air UK channels or Freesat.. BBC, ITV etc

Saorview is the only service you can receive in Dublin with an aerial

A satellite dish is required to receive free-to-air UK channels or Freesat.. BBC, ITV etc

aye, there i a dish there so a combo box should do the job

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement