Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saorview , freesat recording box

• 27-11-2015 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi. Getting rid of Sky TV. One less bill.
    What would you recommend as a alternative option
    Would like to be able to record Rte1 and 2 And channel 4. . As that what we only ready watch thanks.
    And are usb recording boxes any good

Thanks for any advice

Ps . Can't get freeview

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

The easiest option would be separate Saorview and Freesat recorders for 7 day guides/series link recording etc., there isn't an approved combi receiver yet but it may be on the way next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thomasthomas19

Thanks . Do you know are the boxes you plug in the usb stick too any good for recording
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,999 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I would be an advocate of Humax Freesat+ recording boxes.

I have the older model, the Foxsat HDR, for approx 5-6 years and still going strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Hi. Getting rid of Sky TV. One less bill.

I did same. Got the
    Walker PVR for RTE 1/2 @ €99. Basic but works fine for most things.

I also bought the Humax 1100s 1Tb box via a known store on Ebay. I've been impressed with it. If you use a DNS service then all the catchup players work on it as well! The only downside is that it is initially more expensive than other Freesat options but I figure I'd be hanging on to it for a good few years and it'll have paid for itself in Sky subs after 1.5 yrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Looking at this myself. It can be confusing even for people with an aptitude for tech and I can see why Sky and Virgin retain most of their customers.

From reading lots of threads I've concluded that Unix based boxes provide the best overall combo box experience. Of course I could be misinterpreting what I'm reading!

• Advertisement
Advertisement