Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Clamps for rad hoses ?

• 02-08-2014 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

got myself new set of upper/lower silicone rad hoses this week , and was wondering whats the best clamp to keep em from leaking ? OEM or go with T-bolt etc ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

maybe i'm a bit naive but isn't that a bit like the best kind of shoe laces? never had a hose spring clamp break. maybe new oem ones so they are nice and clean with no corrosion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Jubilee clip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭greasepalm

even an ordinary jubilee clip will seal rad hoses ,if its for show you can decide which looks better.most rads are plastic and wont like been over tightened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

The OEM clamps are best as they seal well and can expand and contract with heat.

Unlike the screw / bolt jubilee clips that don't, resulting in hose being clamped too thight when hot or too lose when cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

think i read somewhere that jubilee clips can cut into the hose and damage them :) Might just give my OEM spring hose clamps a clean and reuse those :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement