Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

25 - The age where hangovers get worse.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Rabies wrote: »
    Which step are you on?
    Doesn't sound like 12 yet

Dident do steps, just stopped drinking alcohol with some help, over two years now;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Just depends on what I drink; for example if I mix beer and spirits then I'm shagged, if I stick to spirits (various) I'm generally grand!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm pretty fit and I notice myself much better in the mornings now than when I was on a diet of fags, pizza and booze a few years ago. Only thing though, I think I go through a sustained period of drunkenness, I'm liable to say or do anything the next day.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

5starpool wrote: »
    You're not doing it right.
    Not the first time I've heard that :p
    Did you remember to finish the night on top shelf and grap a bottle of wine from the chinese after the club?
    Was never much of a wine drinker...most wine I ever drank was from a Chinese while in Galway on the way back from Massimos & Cuba:pac: Must get myself a bottle of Bucky some night and see how that goes hah!
    I'm pretty fit and I notice myself much better in the mornings now than when I was on a diet of fags, pizza and booze a few years ago. Only thing though, I think I go through a sustained period of drunkenness, I'm liable to say or do anything the next day.
    I'm similar enough, I get enough exercise and have a decent diet but dont smoke. Getting in some food when back home, and a nice cup of scald seems to sort me out in helping prevent a hangover.

Maybe I'm just lucky, maybe I just need to drink more wine like Slasher kindly suggested lol.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm similar enough, I get enough exercise and have a decent diet but dont smoke. Getting in some food when back home, and a nice cup of scald seems to sort me out in helping prevent a hangover.

I still smoke when I go for beers, I've cut all others out (I used to be 30 a day). I love a can or two of coke the morning after, mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I still smoke when I go for beers, I've cut all others out (I used to be 30 a day). I love a can or two of coke the morning after, mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Ice cold can of coke...awwww yeeeeaaahhhh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

realies wrote: »
    Dident do steps, just stopped drinking alcohol with some help, over two years now;)
    Well done, but actually some people enjoy drinking, maybe a lot, and it's misleading to imply that they may be having some sort of problem, as you have been doing imo.

I'm sure you had reasons for quitting, but lots of people have perfectly acceptable reasons for continuing to drink - relatively heavily, even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Definetely hangovers get worse, but since Ive reached 30 i no longer feel the need to drink as much as humanly possible before closing time.
    Was out at a party last weekend there and left at 5 or so, came back the next day and people were still up drinking(1pm) wouldnt be able to hack that anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I'd love to have the sense to stop drinking after a few but once I start theres no stop button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

What's with all these threads about alcohol recently?

no jobs, people drink themselves to oblivion...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Some of you may enjoy the following, Modern Drunkard Magazine.
    Link: http://www.drunkard.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Stink on the inside

Ice cold can of coke...awwww yeeeeaaahhhh!!

Master, I had a friend in college and she said the exact same thing over and over , 'i never get a hangover' . I just presumed she was really lucky for ages until i paid a bit of attention to the way she drank.
    she drank feck all on a night out, what would be your average night on the sauce and what would be your crowning achievement of piggery on the sauce when youve woken up and felt like you could get up and run ten miles?

Personally I think anyone that says ' I dont get hangovers' I reckon your just a lightweight who either doesnt have a taste for alcohol and sips to pass the night away with good friends or is too tight to get off your face..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Personally I think anyone that says ' I dont get hangovers' I reckon your just a lightweight who either doesnt have a taste for alcohol and sips to pass the night away with good friends or is too tight to get off your face..

Everyone gets hangovers. They might have more tolerance than others but if you drink enough you will be sick as a dog the next day regardless. I know someone who doesn't drink often but is a tank when it comes to the booze + doesn't get a hangover unless he goes on a mad one. His usual nights drinking would probably end me up in A&E. I have no tolerance for the sauce and get awful, awful hangovers. I am out of action the following day due to sickness in the morning and tiredness the whole day. What's worse is I'm <25 and should be in my drinking prime :( Even after a few beers I feel sick some times and have to finger my oral region to sort it out :P, without being particularly drunk at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    Im 25.The hangovers are worse now.The 'tiredness' lasts two days instead of one now.I used to be able to party all night,sleep,get up then do it all over again.Not anymore unless i really push myself.

Maybe im drinking more than i used to i tell myself to make me feel better,but i now better than that.

I know people are different but i think 25 is the general age going by my friends an myself?

Anyone experience this?

HARDEN THE F**K UP

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭bacon?

Rabies wrote: »
    I find you get more sensible with age. Drink more water, pace yourself better. Still have crazy nights out but my not trying to be a cheap ass and skulling cans back at your house before going. Followed by what ever else. Nights are still expensive, but you learn to eat food before, mid way through and drink loads of water. Little or no hangover.
    Right as rain the next day.

completly agree... you need to just pace yourself and drink a bit wiser.

i'm in china at the mo, and was drinking the local beer, 8RMB a pop for a large bottle, that's around 90c (euro)... what a bargain I thought... except for, it knocked the 5hit out of you the next day.

tsingdao on the other hand, china's best beer, has a much more milder, maningable hangover... it does cost 15RMB, around 1.60ERUO...

took me a while to figure out and accept that it was the cheap stuff doing the dammage, and, while the tsingdao is a bit more pricey, it's worth it.

and yes, drink plenty of water during and after your night, and eat food.

that said, the hangoverless ship has said for me many years ago... so, i just cant take the pi55 like i used to.. if i do, they i have to pay the piper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

later10 wrote: »
    Well done, but actually some people enjoy drinking, maybe a lot, and it's misleading to imply that they may be having some sort of problem, as you have been doing imo.

I'm sure you had reasons for quitting, but lots of people have perfectly acceptable reasons for continuing to drink - relatively heavily, even.

Don't mean to mislead anybody and have nothing against anybody drinking but as this thread is about hangovers it means that people are poisoning & abusing there bodies and that does cause harm whether we like to admit it or not.so i am just sharing my personal knowledge on it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

You need to get yourself a couple of kids, you arrive in the door at 4 and by 630 the kids are jumping on the bed waking you up, by 7 Im up and getting on with it, find the worst thing I can do is stay in bed or bum about for the day, granted, im in bed that night the same time as the kids

Get yourself and sweat the badness out of ya

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The worst feeling in the world is those 5 minutes before your alarm goes off on a Monday after a heavy session.. Darkest few moments of your life* imho.. *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭parc

I'd say I'm drinking a little less that I did when I was 18 so maybe I'm not as "drinking fit" as I used to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

When i drank in pubs i could consume at least 11/12 pints of guinness and easily a half bottle of vodka a night/day,I could do that fri night,saturday and most of the day on sunday,
    The drinker may still view his drinking as a harmless relief from stress or a casual recreational activity,

Sounds like a full-time job tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

xzanti wrote: »
    The worst feeling in the world is those 5 minutes before your alarm goes off on a Monday after a heavy session.. Darkest few moments of your life* imho.. *shudder*

This.

I know that feeling well and you described it perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

hairyslug wrote: »
    You need to get yourself a couple of kids, you arrive in the door at 4 and by 630 the kids are jumping on the bed waking you up, by 7 Im up and getting on with it, find the worst thing I can do is stay in bed or bum about for the day, granted, im in bed that night the same time as the kids

Get yourself and sweat the badness out of ya

That sounds like torture to me.I undertand it as to be done though

Anyway im only 25 - way to young for kids in my book.

Yep, definately.. there's no snooze button on a baby.. You HAVE to get up and be on top of your game when you have kids..

Before we had our Son, me and the OH would often go out on a Friday and/or Saturday and stay in bed most of the following day watching sh1te on tele and eating junk, and probably start drinking again early the following evening, either down the pub or at home..

Not an option now.. if we have a night out and overdo it.. Tough ****!

So we generally stay within our limits now and very rarely stay out past 1am if we have a night off.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Im 25.The hangovers are worse now.The 'tiredness' lasts two days instead of one now.I used to be able to party all night,sleep,get up then do it all over again.Not anymore unless i really push myself.

Maybe im drinking more than i used to i tell myself to make me feel better,but i now better than that.

I know people are different but i think 25 is the general age going by my friends an myself?

Anyone experience this?

Pussy. :pac: I was 30 when they started to get worse.

This.

I know that feeling well and you described it perfectly.

And it only feels like that while you're still in bed.. once you actually 'suck it up' and hop to it, it's never as bad as you expect.. It's just a matter of getting sustenance into you then..

Lots of carbs and Lucozade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

25 too and im in turmoil all day today. I wish I could drink less but im able to pu away a serious amount of booze when i get going. think 25 is the age when youre body starts saying it cant handle it the way it used to but you keep on going out of stubborness, and as a result the hangovers are terrible. the way my hangovers are going im gonna have to get a bit of sense soon!

Advertisement