Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business books

Options
  • 15-09-2014 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

I'm a first year in business and we've been told to buy 3 different books, but the only compulsory one is the economics one. Could I get away without buying the non compulsory ones for accounting and management, and still get a good grade by going to all the lectures and tutorials?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

only one needed is the economics book for the code for the online test.
    If you still can just buy the code ...you'll never look at the book :P

the other books arent needed either

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

only one needed is the economics book for the code for the online test.
    If you still can just buy the code ...you'll never look at the book :P

the other books arent needed either

Thanks they're so expensive even second hand

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Midkemia wrote: »
    Thanks they're so expensive even second hand

What are the modules?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

ryanf1 wrote: »
    What are the modules?

Accounting and management

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Midkemia wrote: »
    Accounting and management

You won't need the management book, get it in the library if you find yourself stuck on something.
    If you never studied Accounting, then I would consider buying that one. I found it easier to visually see the stuff in the book. I tried to avoid buying it but by week 5 I was struggling so had to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I bought that accounting book, and thought it didn't help at all.... one of the worst purchases of my life.

I had done accounting previously, but turning up to lectures/tutorials and doing those kind of questions is definitely better than spending money on the book. But different things work for different people.... but I imagine the book is in the library if you are having trouble.

Advertisement