Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

It's a crapshoot really. I've had ones starting in Week 1, Week 2, Week 3 and even Week 8 in one case. :pac:

Only way to know for sure for your module is to email the lecturer and ask.

As a rule of thumb, I go to tutorials and labs in week 1 if they're before the first lecture of the module. It's not the best system in the world, but hey, I live on campus so I can be back in bed by 9:10 if turns out the 9am lab isn't on. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭shano_88

FG061 is the concert hall right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

shano_88 wrote: »
    FG061 is the concert hall right?

yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Anyone know anywhere else around campus or by Plassey that I can take ten euro out on my card/

OR

Anyone know if the pharmacy there accepts cards for prescriptions?

Tonsillitis on week one...Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Aragneer wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere else around campus or by Plassey that I can take ten euro out on my card/

OR

Anyone know if the pharmacy there accepts cards for prescriptions?

Tonsillitis on week one...Yay.

The Bank of Ireland ATM outside eurospar lets you withdraw €10 notes.

• Advertisement

That's great, thank you :) I shall go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

My friends car was stolen from Cois Ghruda yesterday....if anybody spots black mazda mx3 saloon cruising about will you let me know, see thread below... :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057285990

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

FionnK86 wrote: »
    My friends car was stolen from Cois Ghruda yesterday....if anybody spots black mazda mx3 saloon cruising about will you let me know, see thread below... :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057285990

Hope the car returns.

There was two Gardai called to Cois Ghruda just before 2 pm today so hopefully their going to do something about the incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Is it always so hot in lectures or was it just today? I was practically melting

Don't complain :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Unless you're in the lecture hall in the PESS building pre renovation, you know naught about temperatures in lectures! :pac:

Give it a week or two and you'll be wearing a coat though, this weather ain't gonna last...

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Anyone been in Schrodinger yet? They've apparently renovated the inside, labs and all. It was an incredibly scary building to be in last year during that storm, especially on the top floor

iLaura wrote: »
    Anyone been in Schrodinger yet? They've apparently renovated the inside, labs and all. It was an incredibly scary building to be in last year during that storm, especially on the top floor

Was in the canteen that time when part of the tree broke off. Was scary for some :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I was in Schrodinger briefly today. Seemed alright, but I wasn't sure the place actually still existed until I ended up inside....

One of my lectures was cancelled (or something) today and I ended up going around with a different lecturer to try and find it. Three rooms around the main building and a few dead computers later, she finds yer man's number online and calls it. No answer. The schedules hadn't been changed, and nobody seemed to have stuck around where I was supposed to be, despite the fact that it was only about 15mins into the hour. (I'd been at a meeting thingy.) I'm not sure if the class all moved somewhere else because of room capacity, the lecturer said it wasn't possible, a place that large would never be available.

The next lecture started off well, but about ten minutes in the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate, very, very, slowly. All hundred or so of us. My ears are ringing now from having to stay in there with the noise, and pretty much no learning got done.

Does this stuff happen often?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I was in Schrodinger briefly today. Seemed alright, but I wasn't sure the place actually still existed until I ended up inside....

One of my lectures was cancelled (or something) today and I ended up going around with a different lecturer to try and find it. Three rooms around the main building and a few dead computers later, she finds yer man's number online and calls it. No answer. The schedules hadn't been changed, and nobody seemed to have stuck around where I was supposed to be, despite the fact that it was only about 15mins into the hour. (I'd been at a meeting thingy.) I'm not sure if the class all moved somewhere else because of room capacity, the lecturer said it wasn't possible, a place that large would never be available.

The next lecture started off well, but about ten minutes in the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate, very, very, slowly. All hundred or so of us. My ears are ringing now from having to stay in there with the noise, and pretty much no learning got done.

Does this stuff happen often?

I've never heard of stuff like that happening before, at least it never had for me. The only time I was in the main building when the alarm was off we were in Red Raisins and could all just leave normally.

On another note, after one day and cycling in and out of UL twice I'm already fit to KILL the people who walk in the cycle lanes. Fair enough if you're in it for a minute while passing people out, but walking in the middle of the lane or you and your friends taking up the whole lane? Fit to run someone over -.- it only really happens by the flagpoles and coming up to Groody roundabout but its super annoying! -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

iLaura wrote: »
    On another note, after one day and cycling in and out of UL twice I'm already fit to KILL the people who walk in the cycle lanes. Fair enough if you're in it for a minute while passing people out, but walking in the middle of the lane or you and your friends taking up the whole lane? Fit to run someone over -.- it only really happens by the flagpoles and coming up to Groody roundabout but its super annoying! -.-

Shout loudly at them when coming up behind to "GET OUT OF THE BIKE LANE" usually works for me. That or using my bell on the commuter (yep, it's a road-legal bike).

On a more serious note, sometimes it's well worthwhile to have a polite chat with the lane-walker as you pass on the bike to point out to them that they may get hit by a bike in that lane, some pedestrians aren't aware of the distinction, and maybe having it pointed out will make them think twice..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

They should paint that lane orange and make it a proper bike lane, i'd say building and estates have spent money on far more unnecessary things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Anyone's ID and password keep getting wiped clean whenever they type it in? Need to get into the Post CoOp form and can't :rolleyes:

Have complained for over a week now about the upstairs shower in our Plassey house not working and have they done anything about it? Nope, have they balls.

They wrote it down as an emergency but nobody has been around (and I've been home all the time)... Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I'm told the market is doing cornish pasties today and I'm not in UL and this is an outrage and the pasties are filled with cat meat no-one gets to eat pasties if I can't this is an outrage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Evergreen23

Might be getting old but the noise levels from the Courtyard are ridiculous. Can't sleep!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

I wanna echo that on the bloody people in the bike lanes... i dont have time to be telling them all common sense like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

And can I say that the next time a cyclist hits me when I'm on the FOOTPATH and the bike lane is clear, I will shoulder charge them into the bike lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

And can I say that the next time a cyclist hits me when I'm on the FOOTPATH and the bike lane is clear, I will shoulder charge them into the bike lane.

I've never in my life see this happen. it's not typical.

I've never in my life see this happen. it's not typical.

Walking home Thursday, he was cycling on the foothpath coming towards me. I kept in as far as I could but he hit me with the handlebar and the little **** continued right on as if nothing happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Walking home Thursday, he was cycling on the foothpath coming towards me. I kept in as far as I could but he hit me with the handlebar and the little **** continued right on as if nothing happened.

Ignore it, I've walked in and out of UL probably a few thousand times and it's never happened.

Ignore it, I've walked in and out of UL probably a few thousand times and it's never happened.

I'm sorry but if people are giving out about people walking in the cycle lane, then I'm going to point out that the rule also applies vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Well its fair enough to complain about people when its in reverse.

I tend to stick to the cycle lane the entire time unless it isnt there really. Ive never seen pedestrians in the walking lane hit with a bike personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

It's mornings like this I wish I owned a jacket :P :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yeah, miserable! Just heard massive rolling thunder, then looked outside! Not a fun day for cycling or walking!

Advertisement