Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you're mad.

I wouldnt sit across from him on the Luas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Brian33 wrote: »
    Men in kilts...whaddayathink?

I don't mean dress kilts for special occasions, I mean a more "everyday kilt". Examples: http://www.21stcenturykilts.com/denim.htm

http://www.utilikilts.com/index.php?page_id=46

Do ya think a guy could get away with wearing one of these around Dublin? How would *you* react if ya saw a guy in one of those in a bar?

~B

DAMN SEXY!;)

but don't know if you'd get away with wearing one on an average night out in Dublin:eek: (unless it was a stags or something)

I would react by saying get your kit off!* Sorry!:o

*Or at least give us a flash!

Edit: Jebus! - only saw the pics just there. They're not kilts, they're man dresses!!!! WTF??????? NOT SEXY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yes Yes. Kilts and more of them. They look great on guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,644 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I may consider one if it helps prevent me from getting sweaty balls.

Aside from that, no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i like the whole "are you man enough to wear a kilt " ad lines
    but they are skirts
    i'm sure they look lovley but trousers are just sooo much more practicle
    what happens when you get arroused its gonna be hard to hide

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Traditional kilts are fantastic (it's why I live in Scotland!) but those "modern" ones you linked to are awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

so its agreed kilts (tartan and 5 yards of it) good/ man skirts bad

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Kilts are stupid things worn by scots men on trips away almost exclusively to get attention from the wimmins. This is an admirable thing in itself, but wearing of a kilt is too high a price to pay imo.

I may consider one if it helps prevent me from getting sweaty balls.

Aside from that, no

Try boxers: theyre roomy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd like a kilt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Kilts look fecking cool albeit often pretentious but those just look like skirts.

Failure.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

5starpool wrote: »
    Kilts are stupid things worn by scots men on trips away almost exclusively to get attention from the wimmins. This is an admirable thing in itself, but wearing of a kilt is too high a price to pay imo.
    Entirely true. They're only worn to attract the most immediate and idiotic form of innuendo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

My brother and his best man wore one (all the rest of the gear as well) with the family clan colours at his wedding. Don't think much of kilts, I prefer a cape personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

rbd wrote: »
    what happens when you get arroused its gonna be hard to hide

You've never heard of a sporran then?

As for kilts? No thanks...perhaps if I was scottish and it was warm...otherwise I'll stick with the trousers thanks...

Ruu wrote: »
    My brother and his best man wore one (all the rest of the gear as well) with the family clan colours at his wedding. Don't think much of kilts, I prefer a cape personally.

for the coat-tail effect, or... ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

AH I remember wearing a kilt many years ago, back in the days of youth bands!!

Wimmens for some strange reason loved proper kilts..... and when they asked for a flash I oblidged!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭SingingCherry

Those are definitely man skirts. That's not a good look unless you are a gorgeous man who can pull it off with confidence. If people are not distracted by the thought of what could be underneath the kilt, than you can't pull it off. Stick to trousers. Sting did this in 2003 I think and looked so very hot. The average joe would not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Brian33 wrote: »

Yer mans hair on the right hand side of that is hilarious. He looks like something out of a street fighter game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Ruu wrote: »

I think this is acceptable - if they're Scottish\half Scottish. I'm half Scot, and shall be wearing a kilt for my wedding if possible. Otherwise I wouldn't. I'd consider it attention seeking.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Kilts are f**king stupid. They are skirts. When I lived in Scotland you'd always have big drunk toff idiot Scots out wearing them in Edinburgh during occasions like rugby games, and they always combined them with big wooly socks and desert style boots. I can put up with them for traditional Scotch dress (thank god I'm not scottish) but apart from that they seem only for brash idiot scots looking to get comments from girls in Temple Bar on stag weekends, and even worse, stupid Irish people who wear them to weddings/debs etc. WHY do Irish people do that????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Brian33

So....the general feeling is "not so much"?

What's with society's problem with a man in an unbifurcated garment? Women can wear trousers...

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I wore a kilt for a week on a camping holiday in Rothesay Isle of Bute and I must say it was a good experience.

Luckily it was a very humid week and the breezes winnowing unfettered up the thigh kept the, erm ,clock weights lovely and cool.

I even toyed with the idea of abandoning the kex for a day or two and letting the scottish breezes tickle the cluster,but backed down when I discovered some para gliding might be involved that day.

Major advantage in the thunderbox though,no belts, zips, trews to drop,just swish her up at the back,on to the commode, and bang!!.

Done and dusted in no time,and just drop her down and away you go.

Wouldn't write them off at all .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Yeah, those would be cool only in Scotland...

In other places you'll always get asked why you're wearing a skirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Came home late last night, missus nearly kilt me :pac:

Oh and mandresses ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Kilts are f**king stupid. They are skirts. When I lived in Scotland you'd always have big drunk toff idiot Scots out wearing them in Edinburgh during occasions like rugby games, and they always combined them with big wooly socks and desert style boots. I can put up with them for traditional Scotch dress (thank god I'm not scottish) but apart from that they seem only for brash idiot scots looking to get comments from girls in Temple Bar on stag weekends, and even worse, stupid Irish people who wear them to weddings/debs etc. WHY do Irish people do that????

Irish have kilts too in case you didn't know.

Btw, you don't have to be an athlete to wear a tracksuit or a hunter or a soldier to wear camouflage clothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

I wore a kilt for a week on a camping holiday in Rothesay Isle of Bute and I must say it was a good experience.

Luckily it was a very humid week and the breezes winnowing unfettered up the thigh kept the, erm ,clock weights lovely and cool.

I even toyed with the idea of abandoning the kex for a day or two and letting the scottish breezes tickle the cluster,but backed down when I discovered some para gliding might be involved that day.

Major advantage in the thunderbox though,no belts, zips, trews to drop,just swish her up at the back,on to the commode, and bang!!.

Done and dusted in no time,and just drop her down and away you go.

Wouldn't write them off at all .

LOLs:p

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Pye

Propper kilts look pretty good on fellas. Although them man skirts posted just look a bit crap in my opinion. Each to his own though.

What's all this about having to be Scottish to wear a kilt?

Advertisement