Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Complicated situation

• 01-02-2008 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im with my girlfriend 6 years, and to use a cliché I do love her but I just don’t think I’m in love with her anymore. There is a girl that I’m really falling for, well no that I have totally fallen for. I’ve told her how I feel and he feels the same. She has been with her boyfriend for 3 years and says that she no longer loves him and is in love with me.

We’ve spent hours and hours and weeks and weeks talking about this.

Were going to break up with our partners to be with each other, obviously this is an extremely hard thing for both of us, but I can’t help how I feel. What do you people think, are we doing the right thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

Why should the 2 of you stay with some partners you are not in love with anymore?
    Good luck to the OP with ur new girl,I only hope it's not the case of simply being attracted to somebody else just because is new...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Maxxie wrote: »
    What do you people think, are we doing the right thing?

Yes.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I would say yes. But hang on, why do you feel the need to ask here? Have you doubts?

Dont ever let guilt or responsibility keep you in a relationship. Love and wanting to be there should be the reasons to stay. Before you leap from your present situation be sure that the love is gone, and not just pushed to one side because youve met someone else. Likewise, you need to ask yourself if your new girl is actually love, or infatuation and novelty.

Only you know whats going on here. Its not about the morality or rights and wrongs. You have to follow your heart or youre kidding everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There's 'in love' and there's love. 'in love' never lasts - it can't. 'in love' matures to a deeper kind of love or you break up. Are you 'in love' with the new girl? You say you still love your partner. Is it worthwhile breaking up for this new one?

You've been talking to the new girl for months. That's a kind of cheating.

Only you know if you want to take the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭skye

Be fair and honest to your respective partners - it's the best thing to do. Believe me I know from very fresh experience of deceit. Honesty is always the best policy in these situations. It may be hard to do but be sure you are not in a "grass is greener" frame of mind.

Be upfront and explain to your partners what is happening. Lying, sneaking around and deception hurts more than the truth.

Good luck OP. Hope it works out for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement