Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recomended Laptop Specs for programmer

• 22-07-2014 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

I need to get a new laptop , im a computer science student ill be programming a lot running applications like Netbeans, other than that using laptop for internet, consuming media and file processing. What kind of specs would you recommend for someone willing to spend around 400 - 500 .

I just want something thats reliable and not going to be giving me any lag or hassel!

any advice or recommendations appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

At that budget screen resolution is what I'd be looking at, none of the 1366x768 displays please.
    Specs aren't important for programming in my opinion. If it takes you 60 seconds or 90 seconds to compile something it doesn't really matter. You'll put more effort into correct mistakes first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Casshern88 wrote: »
    I need to get a new laptop , im a computer science student ill be programming a lot running applications like Netbeans, other than that using laptop for internet, consuming media and file processing. What kind of specs would you recommend for someone willing to spend around 400 - 500 .

I just want something thats reliable and not going to be giving me any lag or hassel!

any advice or recommendations appreciated!

Don't fet a chromebook. There isn't a lot to worry about when it comes to programming. A decent screen res and a good keyboard are all you need to look out for really. Have a look around yourself, it's good to learn about computer hardware

Advertisement