Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget gaming laptop

Options
  • 14-07-2014 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

I would appreciate your advice on a laptop that can run games like gta iv assassins creed 2 and so on without lag. my budget is 400 so I'm not expecting high end graphics I just want something that wont lag. is there anything out there with good specs that can run current gen games? for assassins creed games I keep hearing that you need a quad core processor in order to run it smoothly. is it true? if so how much ram do you need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Just turn the settings down really low. Either that or get a desktop. Laptops suck, and gaming laptops are rubbish - even the expensive ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

The words "budget" and "gaming laptop" should never come in the same sentence :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This is the best machine I can see for such a small budget, not a gaming machine by any means but should get through new releases at low settings OK and older games fine.

It has 7620/8670 dual graphics, which should boost the performance higher than just the 8670 on its own by a decent margin.

Good machine for the money involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

This is the best machine I can see for such a small budget, not a gaming machine by any means but should get through new releases at low settings OK and older games fine.

It has 7620/8670 dual graphics, which should boost the performance higher than just the 8670 on its own by a decent margin.

Good machine for the money involved.
    would that machine be capable of playing counter strike and dayz??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

would that machine be capable of playing counter strike and dayz??

From what i understand, Dayz is a very Hard drive intensive game, it needs a decent processor and gfx card, but to get the most out of it, you would need a Solid State Drive or SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Xios wrote: »
    From what i understand, Dayz is a very Hard drive intensive game, it needs a decent processor and gfx card, but to get the most out of it, you would need a Solid State Drive or SSD.

I think your mistaken. Hard drive speed only allows areas to load faster. The game is based on an engine similar to Arma II's. That's a very CPU heavy game. If you don't knowfor sure please don't post stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

BadBannana wrote: »
    I think your mistaken. Hard drive speed only allows areas to load faster. The game is based on an engine similar to Arma II's. That's a very CPU heavy game. If you don't knowfor sure please don't post stuff like that

Appearantly setting up a Raid 0 between hard drives solves some issues too, but that's not an option on laptops.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The words "budget" and "gaming laptop"
    should never come in the same sentence :)

This. OP save and build a desktop, yo cant afford a laptop thats worth buying for gaming.
    Xios wrote: »
    Appearantly setting up a Raid 0 between hard drives solves some issues too, but that's not an option on laptops.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M1MD8BS/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00M1MD8BS&linkCode=as2&tag=teksyndealzon-20&linkId=CTNEOGFHDVLMAAYI

4 SSDs in RAID0, 1600MBps. You pay for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

I would appreciate your advice on a laptop that can run games like gta iv assassins creed 2 and so on without lag.

Aren't those single player games? I thought lag was something that only occurred in multiplayer games or something involving a server.

• Advertisement
Advertisement