Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sleeping overnight at Dublin airport

Options
  • 08-10-2013 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭

Are there any decent seats anywhere in the airport to get some sort of a nap? I'm flying with Aer Lingus so I think I'm in T2.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

You should pick up an airport hotel/b&b in Swords for under €50. Are you really bent on staying in the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I arrive at airport at 3:00am for 7:20am flight. It is the only night bus that suites. I don't see the point of booking aroom for only a few hours - plus this is for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Tis grand. There are places upstairs but at 3.30am they might be already taken!

Anywhere to get a warm cup of tea/coffee in middle of night?

Thanks for the replies folk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Anywhere to get a warm cup of tea/coffee in middle of night?

Thanks for the replies folk!

Tad late but for future reference there's a McDonalds/coffee place (think it's Costa?) open 24 hours upstairs. :D
    Done it a few times. :cool:

Managed to get two comfy chairs upstairs over beside the pool tables and made them into a bed!!

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

couldnt think of anything worse than sleeping in an airport :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

mickman wrote: »

sleeping at ferry port

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

sleeping at Busaras.
    cuddled up between two junkies.

..........check-mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I must be getting old.

If I had to sleep in an Airport and couldn't afford a place to sleep I just wouldn't go.

Slept in Stansted once, was crap.
    However comfortable your sleeping arrangement, there's still announcements and all that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I'd be afraid of my life that if I fell asleep in a train, airport, bus station etc. that all my worldly goods would be stolen from my sleeping bod! Not to mention my horrific open mouthed slobbery snoring that I would inflict on those around me.

So I don't. And sleep better when I arrive....

I must be getting old.

If I had to sleep in an Airport and couldn't afford a place to sleep I just wouldn't go.

My flight was one of the first out in the morning and I was unable to leave Belfast early in evening therefore, I decided it was not worthwhile to purchase a room for the time I would be in it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I slept on a number or outdoor train platforms while Interrailing years ago. Not the most pleasant experiences.

Advertisement