Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GoT characters in other shows/movies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Quiet Girl

Is he?

Yep, very talented guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Donald Sumpter (Maester Luwin) is currently starting in a mini-series on Channel 4 called The Mill.

he had a recurring part in 'Being Human' too, 2 or 3 episodes.

edit: 9 episodes according to IMDB wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Quiet Girl wrote: »
    Littlefinger is John-boy from love/hate

It's gas, he played a corrupt mayor in the wire, a Dublin gangster in love/hate and a deceptive manipulator in thrones. Guess who he's playing next?? Charles Haughey. That's not even a joke, he's literally been preparing for this role since he became an actor..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Quiet Girl

It's gas, he played a corrupt mayor in the wire, a Dublin gangster in love/hate and a deceptive manipulator in thrones. Guess who he's playing next?? Charles Haughey. That's not even a joke, he's literally been preparing for this role since he became an actor..

haha no way, that should be interesting!! He is just such a talented actor!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

The Lannisters once tried their hand at synth pop...back in the 80's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Nothing new but I'm watching Harry Potter and when Filch comes on the screen, the first thing that comes into my head is "****ing Walder Frey prick."

Nothing new but I'm watching Harry Potter and when Filch comes on the screen, the first thing that comes into my head is "****ing Walder Frey prick."

We should have known from Harry Potter that he'd be a total prîck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

The
    (ex!)
    King in the North is in a channel four short series Sirens (unfortunately wasn't renewed)

It's on Netflix and is worth a watch if you like Teachers style dry comedy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Cliste wrote: »
    The
    (ex!)
    King in the North is in a channel four short series Sirens (unfortunately wasn't renewed)

It's on Netflix and is worth a watch if you like Teachers style dry comedy :)

I totally forgot he was in that! Must give it a re-watch, very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Thats what I thought when I spotted him in The Worlds End too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Add Batman Begins to that list, ****ing Joffrey, merry christmas. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Was watching The Tunnel on Sky Atlantic the other day when it occurred to me Stannis Baretheon is one of the leads in it! Can't be arsed to look up his real name.

mutley18 wrote: »
    Was watching The Tunnel on Sky Atlantic the other day when it occurred to me Stannis Baretheon is one of the leads in it! Can't be arsed to look up his real name.
    Stephen Dillane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

so how many irish actors are in GoT altogether?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

celica00 wrote: »
    so how many irish actors are in GoT altogether?

Roose Bolton (Michael McElhatton), Davos Seaworth (Liam Cunningham), Varys (Conleth Hill), Littlefinger (Aidan Gillen), Joffrey (Jack Gleeson), Catelyn (Michelle Fairley) are the ones I can think of.

Probably a few other minor characters too.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Watched the the guard last night and i believe liam cunningham is the main bad guy.

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Roose Bolton (Michael McElhatton), Davos Seaworth (Liam Cunningham), Varys (Conleth Hill), Littlefinger (Aidan Gillen), Joffrey (Jack Gleeson), Catelyn (Michelle Fairley) are the ones I can think of.

Probably a few other minor characters too.

Mance Rayder (Ciaran Hinds). Although I would have said he was Northern Irish, his Wikipedia page claims him as Irish.

Oh, and Yoren (Francis Magee)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Mance Rayder (Ciaran Hinds). Although I would have said he was Northern Irish, his Wikipedia page claims him as Irish.

Oh, and Yoren (Francis Magee)

Michelle Fairley and Conleth Hill are both Northern Irish. I was including actors from there too. I think Tommen and Myrcella may also be Northern Irish.

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Michelle Fairley and Conleth Hill are both Northern Irish. I was including actors from there too. I think Tommen and Myrcella may also be Northern Irish.

Cool.

Rickon Stark (Art Parkinson) - born in Donegal.

And how could we forget??? HODOR!!! (Kristian Nairn, from Belfast) - mind you, he doesnt give much of the accent away ;)

Beric Dondarrion (the second incarnation - there was a brief appearance in Season 1 with a different actor) is Richard Dormer, another Northern Irish actor. For some reason I thought he was Scottish - he reminds me a little bit of Jorah Mormont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Ballon Greyjoy has a small part in Billy Elliot, he's the dude that is in charge of the audition for the posh ballet school

• Advertisement

Saw quite surprised when I realised this one, don't think it's been mentioned here but Thoros of Myr is Mike Strutter from Strutter on MTV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭golfball37

Saw quite surprised when I realised this one, don't think it's been mentioned here but Thoros of Myr is Mike Strutter from Strutter on MTV

And Dennis Pennis from years ago.

golfball37 wrote: »
    And Dennis Pennis from years ago.

And Pete Thong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

And Pete Thong :)
    And Maurice from the Victor Chandler ads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Quite suprised to see a very little king joffery running from dragons in reign of fire. So it seems batman has had 2 chances to rid the world of this tyrant and failed both times. More worringly it does make you think that joffery may have more experience in dragon handling than even the targaryens.

Roose Bolton as Johnner Byrne in I Went Down, and as the baldly bank manager Cillian Murphy's missus hooks up with in Intermission.

Quite suprised to see a very little king joffery running from dragons in reign of fire. So it seems batman has had 2 chances to rid the world of this tyrant and failed both times. More worringly it does make you think that joffery may have more experience in dragon handling than even the targaryens.

Didn't he play a very young Bruce Wayne? So he is in fact Batman! Unless of course you expected Batman to rid the world of the tyrant by doing the honourable thing and flinging himself off the tallest building in Gotham! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

mutley18 wrote: »
    Didn't he play a very young Bruce Wayne? So he is in fact Batman! Unless of course you expected Batman to rid the world of the tyrant by doing the honourable thing and flinging himself off the tallest building in Gotham! :P

No he appears in Begins as a kid who sees Batman while on his apartment fire escape and Batman gives him one of his gadgets.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    No he appears in Begins as a kid who sees Batman while on his apartment fire escape and Batman gives him one of his gadgets.

Ah right I haven't seen it in ages, I thought he was young Bruce witnessing his parents get murdered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Peter Dinklage was in a sci-fi TV show called Threshold from 2005 that got cancelled after one season. Funnily enough he was big into booze and ladies in that too :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The guy who played Dontos Holland (the drunk guy Joffrey tried to drown with wine who whisked Sansa away after the PW) was in the new series of Derek, think it was the 3rd episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

krudler wrote: »
    The guy who played Dontos Holland (the drunk guy Joffrey tried to drown with wine who whisked Sansa away after the PW) was in the new series of Derek, think it was the 3rd episode

him and his arse were also in the new tom cruise movie edge of tomorrow.

as well as the guy who played locke as the scientist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Mac B

Don't think it's been mentioned yet, Michelle Fairly, Lady C Stark, is the main baddie in 24 season 9, and she is brilliantly evil in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

him and his arse were also in the new tom cruise movie edge of tomorrow.

Noah Taylor? he's been in loads, both Tomb Raider movies, Vanilla Sky, The Life Aquatic, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to name but a few, definitely a "that guy from that thing" actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

krudler wrote: »
    Noah Taylor? he's been in loads, both Tomb Raider movies, Vanilla Sky, The Life Aquatic, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to name but a few, definitely a "that guy from that thing" actor.
    He's a pretty successful teen actor from back in the day. Just doesn't have the good looks to be a leading man when older. His best work was probably Shine and first film I've seen him in was The Year My Voice Broke. Yes I am showing my age for knowing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Noah Taylor. As Locke, he's has been cast against type in Game of Thrones. He's played nerds in anything in which I've seen him before.

3125385_ori.jpg

Give him a beard, a sword and a northern english accent, and he's a badass.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKjNXXWyfoiCR0fR7ORLSpucMJ5W_w4NrXBI8W-uqGzy-quKFc

Found a few other good ones here:

acteurs-avant-game-of-thrones-diana-rigg.jpg

acteurs-avant-game-of-thrones-charles-dance.jpg

acteurs-avant-game-of-thrones-mark-addy.jpg

acteurs-avant-game-of-thrones-julian-glover.jpg

acteurs-avant-game-of-thrones-paul-kaye.jpg

acteurs-avant-game-of-thrones-stephen-dillane.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

It doesn't look like anyone has brought this one up yet (apologies if they have), Rory McCann (The Hound) was in an absolutely brilliant, and unfortunately short lived Channel 4 series called "The Book Group".

It only lasted for two series, 12 episodes in total. The first series was floating around on YouTube for a while, not sure if it still is, but check it out if you ever get the chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Buffy fans (like me!) might recognise Pedro Pascal (Oberyn) in the episode where she has her first day of college.

Iwan Rheon (Ramsay) was in the God awful ITV1 sitcom starring Ian McKellen last year, I'm presuming it hasn't been renewed for a second series!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

He's a pretty successful teen actor from back in the day. Just doesn't have the good looks to be a leading man when older. His best work was probably Shine and first film I've seen him in was The Year My Voice Broke. Yes I am showing my age for knowing that.
    I love that film, stunned to hear he's the same actor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Peter Dinklage on "Oz" (credited as a stunt man):

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Mace tyrell was in a few episodes of coronation street as a neurosurgeon.

Pedro pascal is in The Mentalist.

And I disagree, but my mom is adamant that Michelle fairley is the woman in the latest UPC ad. Anyone able to confirm or deny this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Mace tyrell was in a few episodes of coronation street as a neurosurgeon.

Pedro pascal is in The Mentalist.

And I disagree, but my mom is adamant that Michelle fairley is the woman in the latest UPC ad. Anyone able to confirm or deny this?
    Is it this ad?

Paddy Cow wrote: »

It really looks like her, I thought it was too for a minute, but now I don't think it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It really looks like her, I thought it was too for a minute, but now I don't think it is.
    It's not her. It says in the youtube description that it's Martha O'Reilly. I was asking the other poster if that was the ad they are talking about. I haven't had a tv for 18 mths so I haven't a clue what ads are on now. If that is the one they are talking about, he can tell his mother that she is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Yup that's the ad! Excellent. Knew well it wasn't her. Oh and I'm a she :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

I was also 100% sure that that was Michelle Fairley in the UPC ad. Every time it came on I'd stop and try figure it out, eventually googled it!
    Its not another TV Show or Movie but Grey Worm has recently brought out a new song, singing under his stage name Raleigh Ritchie - Stronger Than Ever.

Ive seen him in a lot of stuff, he is a great actor. He was never what youd call good looking but he has a great "character" face (like Geoffrey Rush).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

There's a resemblance alright but it's definitely not her.

Michelle Fairley is however in this Northern Irish tourism ad that's on TV at the moment:

... as well as being on the new series of 24. She's keeping busy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Dunno if it's been mentioned but Grand Maester Pycelle drove an AT-AT

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

duploelabs wrote: »
    Dunno if it's been mentioned but Grand Maester Pycelle drove an AT-AT
    Really? Surprised we haven't seen that yet. Maybe they'll bring it out to fight the Dragons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement