Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage nancy boys

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Steve_o wrote: »

Is that not a picture from Limerick??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

DubArk wrote: »
    Is that not a picture from Limerick??

Oh yea, my bad!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

i knew we'd rue the day we legalised haircuts other than short back and sides, we were much more individual then

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Yea, the clothes are extremely gay-looking but that's the whole early 80's being back in fashion, still no excuse though! The hair is one thing but the clothes..............urrrgh, God!! It's like they went to a Yugoslavian bargain basement charity shop.

Tight pants, checkered shoes, "zany" hair, vomit-inducing-top. It all screams fashion individuality..............if you dress the same as everyone else :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

At least we can laugh now we have our straight back and sides and nice pair of brown slacks.

Huh? Laugh that you've lost your fashion sense is it? Laugh that I'm an auld f8ck now wearin' sh*tty slacks?

KBarry wrote: »
    I thought mullets were cool when I was their age. They'll grow out of it.

Mullets were cool when you were there age. There not going to grow out of it....there fashion sense will just change!

Every age group has there own fashion sense. It's just the toolbags that never had any fashion sense in the first place that start wearing rubbish clothes. They have no-one to copy anymore.

0ubliette wrote: »
    I dont know whats happened to kids these days (makes me feel old just saying it).
    I remember when i was 16, one of my friend grew a mullet, just for a laugh, in an ironic kind of way. We used to point and laugh at old metal videos where people like lars ulrich had massive mullets.
    We dressed in ripped jeans, flannel shirts, b&w converse, and had long hair. Sure we were all pretty much imitations of cobain & Vedder, but at least we didnt look like comeplete and total fcuksticks.
    Seriously, what the hell is wrong with these kids? do they not realise they look like complete tools? I have no idea where this craze came from, im assuming is some kind of bastardised evolution of the semi-mullet david beckham had a few years back, and these morons have just taken it to the Nth degree, but sreiously, someone needs to tell them "you look like complete pussies. you look like wimpy little bitches who spend more time primping your hair than doing anything else. Heres a fiver, got to a barbers, and get a rawblade. And stop being such a fcuking pussy".

What are you on about.....all in your opinion.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with these kids? do they not realise they look like complete tools? I have no idea where this craze came from, im assuming is some kind of bastardised evolution of the semi-mullet david beckham had a few years back, and these morons have just taken it to the Nth degree, but sreiously, someone needs to tell them "you look like complete pussies.

:rolleyes:

I don't like the way they dress either but I'm not trying to make it into a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

meh,looks stupid get over it though most people have had a hairstyle they look back on and think wtf was i thinking!:)

scruff321 wrote: »
    meh,looks stupid get over it though most people have had a hairstyle they look back on and think wtf was i thinking!:)

Yeah and it's important to remember they look back on it when it's out of fashion...... but it's in fashion now in their social scene hence looks cool now.

I bet they all think most of us look like planks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Ah yeah I see these everyday, we need the real knackers back! /rolls eyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Where did this "look" start?

The funny thing is that the hardman attitude (that most of them have) doesn't match the gay appearance. Otherwise, I couldn't care less how they dress!

I dont know whats happened to kids these days (makes me feel old just saying it).
    I remember when i was 16, one of my friend grew a mullet, just for a laugh, in an ironic kind of way. We used to point and laugh at old metal videos where people like lars ulrich had massive mullets.
    We dressed in ripped jeans, flannel shirts, b&w converse, and had long hair. Sure we were all pretty much imitations of cobain & Vedder, but at least we didnt look like comeplete and total fcuksticks.
    Seriously, what the hell is wrong with these kids? do they not realise they look like complete tools? I have no idea where this craze came from, im assuming is some kind of bastardised evolution of the semi-mullet david beckham had a few years back, and these morons have just taken it to the Nth degree, but sreiously, someone needs to tell them "you look like complete pussies. you look like wimpy little bitches who spend more time primping your hair than doing anything else. Heres a fiver, got to a barbers, and get a rawblade. And stop being such a fcuking pussy".

I would like to subscribe to your pampklet and/or newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Was in Dublin(outside Jervis SC) today and couldnt help noticing a gand of 6-8 young lads between 13 and 16 sporting the stupidest looking hair i had ever seen, long and straight at the back, spiked at the top, brushed to one side and flat on the front with red streaks goin at all sorts of angles.
    To add insult to injury, theese guys were wearing those gay sweat bottoms that are too short and elasticated at the bottom and up around thier ankles,
    I mean WTF, are the fellas gettin worse than the girls for personal appearence??
    I think in about 10 or so years they will look back at photos with a red face saying "what was i thinkin:o"

I dont have to read past this post to agree. Twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

On further deliberation i believe its actually premiership footballers we have to blame for this phenomenon. They're the ones with the spice boy hair cuts, diamond ear-rings etc. but they all walk about with a contrasting hard man attitude to go with their pink shirts....

I blame Steven Ireland and his contemporaries, who would have no problem walking around with a hard man grimace on his face, before he opens the door of his range rover sporting pink alloys/head rests/grills.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Haha, I'd say he thinks he's the shít as well.
    Look at that fly catching mouth, you can tell that he doesn't have a clue :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭ancientdog

they think there hard too, that always makes me laugh, idiots, wish they would just **** off and leave most places in the citys, and just stay the **** away.....there the biggest culchies, stupid wee ****ers too...nah im too cool for school...i dont have any money...waaaaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

ancientdog wrote: »
    they think there hard too, that always makes me laugh, idiots, wish they would just **** off and leave most places in the citys, and just stay the **** away.....there the biggest culchies, stupid wee ****ers too...nah im too cool for school...i dont have any money...waaaaa.

Delicious ironing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

will anyone on here admit to being one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I doubt boards has many thirteen year old knackbag-wannabees in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

if boards.ie
    doesn't have 13yr old knackbags then whats the point of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

As a gay person I'm utterly insulted...

As if any of us would ever dream to dress like that! :rolleyes:

Ah the emos are kinda cute at least.

When I see boy emos I feel like adopting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Peared wrote: »
    Ah the emos are kinda cute at least.

When I see boy emos I feel like adopting them.
    God help them...............................

hunter164 wrote: »
    God help them...............................

Whaddaya mean?

I'd be a fine role model for skinny boys with straight hair and eye liner.

A fine one I tells ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Ye alright.........................:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

I've seen those nancy boys for a good while now. In my school last year, the mighty trend amongst the lads was to try to grow a 'tache. They only ended up looking like that freaky psycho baby belonged to Morticia&Gomez Addams in the Addams Family Values film.

I liked that punk look from the late 70s in the UK. Looking at them now years later, they don't look like prats at all.

That grunge look from the early 90s wasn't bad either if it was sported on the right sort of person. Like, some people just looked like they had just rolled off their mattress. On the other hand, some looked stylish. Chris Cornell always carried that grunge look well. BTW, I know it was only fashion mags and the general media who created that whole 'grunge look' stuff and that the bands roped into that 'grunge' category themselves were disdainful of the whole thing. Still, though.. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

A "friend" of mine did this crimson-red mullet type look.. oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

The best look is Canterbury track bottoms and trainers with no socks along with a rugby shirt. Perhaps get involved in rowing and wear the club fleece on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sherifu wrote: »
    They can't be worse than the New Jersey freakshows.

QFT, someone get some pictures up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement