Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teenage nancy boys

• 07-07-2008 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Was in Dublin(outside Jervis SC) today and couldnt help noticing a gand of 6-8 young lads between 13 and 16 sporting the stupidest looking hair i had ever seen, long and straight at the back, spiked at the top, brushed to one side and flat on the front with red streaks goin at all sorts of angles.
    To add insult to injury, theese guys were wearing those gay sweat bottoms that are too short and elasticated at the bottom and up around thier ankles,
    I mean WTF, are the fellas gettin worse than the girls for personal appearence??
    I think in about 10 or so years they will look back at photos with a red face saying "what was i thinkin:o"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

I can't comprehend these people neither.
    They also think they're really hard, have they ever looked at themselves?
    Vain metro sexual "hardmen".... eugh never heard of one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think in about 10 or so years they will look back at photos with a red face saying "what was i thinkin:o"
    Goths. Punks. Emo kids. New Romantics. Hippies. Mullets. Afros.
    This is nothing new. The trend may have changed but young people dressing stupidly and thinking that they are cool is nothing new.
    At least we can laugh now we have our straight back and sides and nice pair of brown slacks.
    I really miss my Slayer tee-shirts pink hair and piercings though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Twas just the bgrh crew meeting up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

If this is your first time to see that you don't get out much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Standard Henry St. posse tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

They're SpiceBoys, always a solid form of visual entertainment when they come into the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Was in Dublin(outside Jervis SC) today and couldnt help noticing a gand of 6-8 young lads between 13 and 16 sporting the stupidest looking hair i had ever seen, long and straight at the back, spiked at the top, brushed to one side and flat on the front with red streaks goin at all sorts of angles.
    To add insult to injury, theese guys were wearing those gay sweat bottoms that are too short and elasticated at the bottom and up around thier ankles,
    I mean WTF, are the fellas gettin worse than the girls for personal appearence??

And so will us children of the 80's when we look back on our x-works jeans and elipse shirts.

And the 70's children

... and the 60's ...

Every generation has some trend thats cringeworthy at a later date. This is theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ah leave them alone. I bet you wore embarrassing clothes when you were younger!

Showing your age me thinks!

You should see some of the muppets around cork. I saw this fat kid in town at the weekend with long hair at the back, stupid red dyed hair tattoos on the side and the the top of his head looked like roadkill.
    WTF do these **** ask for when they go to get a haircut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It's the new look for knackers in Dublin.
    Last year it was blonde hair and sparkly studded earrings with stripey tops and sweat pants tucked into their socks so it's only a slight variation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭brick tamland

you just dont know whats cool:p:p:p

You should see some of the muppets around cork. I saw this fat kid in town at the weekend with long hair at the back, stupid red dyed hair tattoos on the side and the the top of his head looked like roadkill.
    WTF do these **** ask for when they go to get a haircut?

Geek .... pie ?
    /Dan Ashcroft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

kmart6 wrote: »
    If this is your first time to see that you don't get out much!

its not my first time and the ones i did see i tought they looked as camp as Christmas, now thier everywhere. i dont think this craze will go down in Navantoo well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

thing is in times gone past trends were universally accepted. i dunno what fúckin tv show or kooks record these fúckwits got a hold of that told them this was cool....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Oh cant forget the skin tight Tees:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

c - 13 wrote: »
    And so will us children of the 80's when we look back on our x-works jeans and elipse shirts.

And the 70's children

... and the 60's ...

Every generation has some trend thats cringeworthy at a later date. This is theirs.

Yeah but this trend is cringeworthy now!

Absolutely devoid of any individuality. I see them all the time and they all look identical...Ive also noticed that they all walk around now together in groups with earphones in their ears.

Is this some sort of covert communication device on which they share fashion tips or can they simply not even stand each others company they are so dull and pathetic?

Atm, I'm sporting blood red hair, numerous piercings and a Dillinger Escape Plan t-shirt. One of the few pleasures of not having a job.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Round up the mob to beat up the nancy boys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Babybing wrote: »

Absolutely devoid of any individuality. I see them all the time and they all look identical...Ive also noticed that they all walk around now together in groups with earphones in their ears.

Is this some sort of covert communication device on which they share fashion tips or can they simply not even stand each others company they are so dull and pathetic?

Not much different than people in the 80's/90's going around with their ghettoblaster on their shoulders :)

Babybing wrote: »

Yeah its cringeworthy for an older crowd, not the same crowd wearing the style.

Same as the rave gear would have been cringeworthy (maybe) to older siblings when the 80's crowd were wearing then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Higgins113

Silly little boyss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

its not my first time and the ones i did see i tought they looked as camp as Christmas, now thier everywhere. i dont think this craze will go down in Navantoo well
    Don't think it can exactly be described as camp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Kiera wrote: »
    Not much different than people in the 80's/90's going around with their ghettoblaster on their shoulders :)
    I was one of those.
    We listened to Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and it was great.
    Then some dick would come along and try to put on some dance music radio station and I'd put out a cigarette in his eye and push him into the Liffey.*
    Good times and I still dress the same and listen to the same type of music.

*Actual violence may not have occured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

I thought mullets were cool when I was their age. They'll grow out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Jaysus, you;re begininning to sound like a mierablle bunch of Victor Meldew type fvcks.
    "In my day we didn't wear our hair long. We had it short. And we were whipped if it touched the collar by the locla priest. And we're bettter for it!!"

Thank fvck for when the day comes that Ireland renounces it's freedom and gives into some sort of coded practice that makes short hair mandatory. And everything else. Fvck, look at the time. 1984 already. I'm outta here.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

i tought they looked as camp as Christmas

They're doing that on purpose and would be delighted to know you have noticed it. I know for a fact if you go up and tell them they look like camp nancy boys they will give you a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Goths. Punks. Emo kids. New Romantics. Hippies. Mullets. Afros.
    This is nothing new. The trend may have changed but young people dressing stupidly and thinking that they are cool is nothing new.
    At least we can laugh now we have our straight back and sides and nice pair of brown slacks.

Bingo. Go back far enough and i imagine all of us will think "****, i used to look like a plank".

Except me.

I live on the cutting edge of fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

:pac:Thank fook I was never fashionable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

They couldn't look any worse than those grunger/goth pseudo-depressed, attention seeking muppets that wear black hoodies and leather trench coats on the hottest day of the year. Try not to smudge your make-up kids. Wouldn't want to look silly now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Man I love this thread, quite possibly the best thread in the world.....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

My leather trenchcoat still fits!
    Anyone with a Cure tee-shirt pm me. I will swap for two pairs of pop socks and a Jason Donavan cassette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,121 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Make the feckers wear flares - get a staple gun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

orestes wrote: »
    Twas just the bgrh crew meeting up :pac:

I LOL'd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I don't think they have comprehension of how ridiculous they look, Like, its the fashion:rolleyes:

I die laughing when I see them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Ah yea they look like Gob****es but they aren't harming anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

its not my first time and the ones i did see i tought they looked as camp as Christmas, now thier everywhere. i dont think this craze will go down in Navan too well

Paris , Milan , London ..... Navan!! :)

It was skin tight jeans, slayer t-shirts and pony tails in my day, im sure the boring crew at that time thought we were all a bunch of nancy boys too!! F**k'em!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

fredzer wrote: »
    Paris , Milan , London ..... Navan!! :)

It was skin tight jeans, slayer t-shirts and pony tails in my day, im sure the boring crew at that time thought we were all a bunch of nancy boys too!! F**k'em!!

+1...unless of course Navan (or insert any other blade 3 back and sides Irish town here) is now an influential centre of self expression and anti-conventionalism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I wonder what tourists think when they see these little f*ggots, is it unique to Ireland? I was hoping it would be over by now as it was going on 1.5 years ago last time I was in Dublin. Feckin' Xworkx jeans etc. weren't that bad come on, at least we didn't gay up our hair like Ziggy Stardust. It wouldn't be quite as bad if their fashion stood for something like punks or mods but this carry-on is just the gayest thing I've ever seen, AND the so called hard little kids dress like this. Do they still wear white converse? I remember if you wore converse around the tough kids years ago you'd be called a fag. God.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Down here its changed, very quicly, from the side of your hair being cut in streaks to the top half of your hair being bleached.

Btw, whats with the weird earings? You know, the ones that form a hole in your earlobe..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Well the most irritating aspect of it all is the fact that these little troglodytes have notions above themselves. They use GHDs ffs. Faces like smashed crabs every one of em. I think i prefered scummers when they had shaved heads tbh. Get back in your box ya dirty corn-beef faced fooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

I know, in work the other day, a group came in... They started fixing each other's hair.
    Imagine transporting them back two years and watching their past-selves beating the unholy crap out of them for being such tools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I blame JD Sports. Ever since that chav shop came to Mary St. knackers have taken up residence in there and come out sporting the latest Fred Parry, Lacoste and Sergio Taccini polo shirts and cotton bottoms that are two sizes too small for them. The hair cut is just the crowning glory.

Skangers the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

The technical term is gacker. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I wonder what tourists think when they see these little f*ggots, is it unique to Ireland? I was hoping it would be over by now as it was going on 1.5 years ago last time I was in Dublin. Feckin' Xworkx jeans etc. weren't that bad come on, at least we didn't gay up our hair like Ziggy Stardust. It wouldn't be quite as bad if their fashion stood for something like punks or mods but this carry-on is just the gayest thing I've ever seen, AND the so called hard little kids dress like this. Do they still wear white converse? I remember if you wore converse around the tough kids years ago you'd be called a fag. God.
    Little bit of a complex there?

no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    no?

Why the ******y comment then?

they look like little homos! Was the point I was trying to make.

ok I found this on google, apparently the fad is over according to the "Dublin Spicers" - "SO DERS NO MORE SPICER TING NE MORE OK NE1 HU STILL IS IS JUST GAY NOW N OUTA FASHION!!!! "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

That sort of carry on was very fashionable recently (2007 and first half of 2008) in Germany amongst the young Turkish lads. They looked even worse than the Irish lads to be honest.

To be honest I haven't seen one in the past month :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement