Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenerife with Ryanair

Options
  • 22-09-2013 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hi folks do Ryanair use 737-800's for their flights To Tenerife? Im going there in November and I want to book a seat with legroom (6'2" ish). Can I reserve row 1?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Yes, their entire fleet is Boeing 737

As far as I know, you can reserve the first row, although I'm not sure that would give you much more leg room.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭thecheese

I went dub-tfs in late august and reserved row 1 seats on left hand side of aircraft. Plenty of legroom, however it is right beside the toilets and that legroom is soon taken over by queues waiting to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Cheers folks. I went to Stansted with them a few weeks ago and a one hour flight was torture so ill def be booking the row 1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

If it's such a problem why not book Aer Lingus and book an emergency row seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Or book the emergency exit on FR, you can book row 1 ABC, 2 DEF AND 16&17 ABCDEF all of which have more leg room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

Go with row 16 or 17 the exit row legroom is more than you get on aerlingus

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Row 1 gives extra knee room but realistically less leg room as you can't put your legs under the seat in front. Exit row is much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

MYOB wrote: »
    Row 1 gives extra knee room but realistically less leg room as you can't put your legs under the seat in front. Exit row is much better.
    Row 2 on the def side,is the front row on that side and from my experience in 2d last week ,the aisle seat,it's the best one in the house,with plenty of legroom into the aisle.
    That said,row 1 on the other side had nothing stopping their leg room much,there being no panel wall on that side.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is there no bulkhead there? If not that gets rid of the knee-vs-legroom issue anyway.

I've only been on one current config FR flight, my general avoidance of them started when they still had 732s...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

MYOB wrote: »
    Is there no bulkhead there? If not that gets rid of the knee-vs-legroom issue anyway.

I've only been on one current config FR flight, my general avoidance of them started when they still had 732s...
    In row 1,no.In fact the toilet was closed up front too,so no queues for that either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Moved to Travel forum

lxflyer wrote: »
    If it's such a problem why not book Aer Lingus and book an emergency row seat?

Why didnt i think of that :rolleyes:
    1.Times dont suit
    2. Flights too dear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

As some have suggested, for comfort and ease of access/exit, 2 D,E and F are the best seats in the house. You've a bulkhead in front so nobody's going to be staning in front of you in the queue for the loo.

Only drawback is that you may not have space in the overhead bins for your bags as there's usually safety equipment in the bins above the first row on each side, and you can't have them with you for take off and landing due to restrictions, so you'll need to be sure you get them in a bin close to your seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Geezer1000 wrote: »
    1.Times dont suit
    2. Flights too dear

Fair enough - was only suggesting it on foot of your comment about it being torture.

Eponymous wrote: »
    Only drawback is that you may not have space in the overhead bins for your bags as there's usually safety equipment in the bins above the first row on each side, and you can't have them with you for take off and landing due to restrictions, so you'll need to be sure you get them in a bin close to your seats.

Not on FR there isn't, emergency equipment is stored in row 14 and 33 hatbins, so the ones above row 1&2 are usable.

Good to know! In which case there's no drawbacks to rows 1 or 2...

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

1.Times dont suit
    2. Flights too dear

not trying to have a go at you but - you are not flying until November - is the difference in flights that much more expensive ? and you are unable to adjust your time off work to suit the more comfortable airline seat.

Other airlines might operate the same flights - have you searched skyscanner ? or are you simply only asking if you can book your seat early with Ryanair ?

Also.... check out www.seatguru.com might be useful !

Corkbah wrote: »
    not trying to have a go at you but - you are not flying until November - is the difference in flights that much more expensive ? and you are unable to adjust your time off work to suit the more comfortable airline seat.

Other airlines might operate the same flights - have you searched skyscanner ? or are you simply only asking if you can book your seat early with Ryanair ?

Also.... check out www.seatguru.com might be useful !

Ryanair flights are paid for so ill have to use them. Never heard of seatguru, must have a look at that for future

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

Ryanair flights are paid for so ill have to use them. Never heard of seatguru, must have a look at that for future

I'm tall for a 16th century guy but these days that doesn't count for much :) If your concerned about legroom and want an uninterrupted flight best go with the over wing window seats in rows 16/17. The toilet queue in row 1 and the trolly stocking that goes on there are very distracting if you want a snooze. Having said that your unlikely to get a baby near to you in row 1 though technically only able bodied adults are allowed in exit rows you might get a charming able lunged infant in rows 15/18. The joys of travel :)

mopi wrote: »
    I'm tall for a 16th century guy but these days that doesn't count for much :) If your concerned about legroom and want an uninterrupted flight best go with the over wing window seats in rows 16/17. The toilet queue in row 1 and the trolly stocking that goes on there are very distracting if you want a snooze. Having said that your unlikely to get a baby near to you in row 1 though technically only able bodied adults are allowed in exit rows you might get a charming able lunged infant in rows 15/18. The joys of travel :)

No arguements on the toilet queue or trolley stocking in row 1, but infants are permitted to be seated in row 2 A-F, and not in row 15&18. There's more likely hood of having an infant near you in row 1 as row 2 is reserved seating, and commonly reserved by families, especially on longer holiday flights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

I unreservedly withdraw the 'no infant near you in row 1' comment

mopi wrote: »
    I unreservedly withdraw the 'no infant near you in row 1' comment
    Sounds like practical experience?

Advertisement