Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrested at Airport for unpaid fine?

Options
  • 10-10-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Can someone please tell me would one be arrested at The airport for an unpaid court fine for speeding. ( Ireland to Spain).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

whoopwho wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me would one be arrested at The airport for an unpaid court fine for speeding. ( Ireland to Spain).

I picked up a speeding ticket in Minorca a few years back. I tried paying it but the website was only in Spanish and I gave up.

I've been to Majorca twice since and lived to tell the tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

whoopwho wrote: »

They will lock you up and throw away the key!!:rolleyes:

You will be fine, don't worry, if the car is rented the company may be sent the fine and pass it to you but can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Only ever heard about this in the Netherlands.

If you have a lot of fines (were talking a few thousand) they'll hold you at the airport until you pay.

So much so some expats choose to fly from Belgium or Germany :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 whoopwho

Thanks.
    Still abit worried as its a court fine for speeding. I am going to pay it but worried it won't be on system as I'm heading Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,075 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

They don't do criminal checks at the airport. They don't even check your passport until you get off the plane and try and enter Spain.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement