Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotel deals

Options
  • 09-10-2013 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Has anybody used any hotel deals sites like Trivago or Hotelvalu.com I've been looking at some cities and there is some nice deals on both sites but maybe someone has other recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

I signed up to the secret deals on www.booking.com

I find it good as you can get some good deals if they have the dates you're looking for and it has saved me a good few bob. I was about to book a hotel for 65 and got it on the secret deals for 35,maybe 40, so was handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,848 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

at this stage my first port of call for hotels in europe is accorhotels.com.
    I have a particular need for family rooms which can be costly normally, but in advance or on a sale I get great deals on Novotels and some of the other hotels. There should be a half price sale in November coming up with them.

They also have some budget chains which are basic, no frills, but if all you need is a bed then they are spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Quiet

at this stage my first port of call for hotels in europe is accorhotels.com.
    I have a particular need for family rooms which can be costly normally, but in advance or on a sale I get great deals on Novotels and some of the other hotels. There should be a half price sale in November coming up with them.

They also have some budget chains which are basic, no frills, but if all you need is a bed then they are spot on.

Thanks Munchkin I was going thru new york for one night and found a good deal for nice hotel for 166 thru Hotelvalu.com but was wondering if anything extraordinary. Perhaps not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,848 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Quiet wrote: »
    Thanks Munchkin I was going thru new york for one night and found a good deal for nice hotel for 166 thru Hotelvalu.com but was wondering if anything extraordinary. Perhaps not?
    to be honest i normally stick to the hotel websites like accor, hilton, holiday inn and premier inns in the uk but again as much for the fact that random 3rd party hotel booking websites are often a waste of time (literally) when looking for anything more than a standard single or double room.

Advertisement